jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Should Google pay us compensation?

1. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

A few months ago Google hit us hard with a harsh slap in the face, which reduced our readership and our earnings, over the past few days both hits to hubs and earnings have began to return to levels similar to those before the panda slap.
    should Google recompensate us for the loss of earnings over the few months we were in the basement?
    P.S Although slightly tongue in cheek I would love to hear your opinions.

1. Gloria Cook profile image58
      Gloria Cookposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The 'compensation' wil be in the form of NOT slapping us again...at least not right away. wink

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Class action lawsuit! I'm in lol

jimmythejockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol, remember we lost out on amazon revenue as well as ebay. ohh and the mental scarring when you submit that lawsuit we could all be in for millions.....jimmy

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I'm sure they're all over that; they're creating spreadsheets as we speak. lol smile

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Dream on, Jimmy...

4. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

worth a try lol,

5. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

Just to muddy the waters a wee bit, I see Bing have the possibility of allowing users to earn rewards...

I wonder could Hub Pages introduce a reward system. I know they do with badges for many different things, and this is great. But imagine if "points" could be turned into other kinds of credits...have a look at Facebook. It might be a way to go, Jimmy.

If Google can figure out ways of "Monetizing" the web, I don't see why Hub Pages can't do it's own thing too! Its a free country...well, you know what I mean! LOL! smile

6. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

They gave the earnings you would have received to other people who jumped up into your former position after the slap.  Well actually, they probably paid them less for displaying their ads on their articles than you received before the penalty which explains the massive profits Google has enjoyed since the slap.

Where else could they have come from?  I doubt those paying for the Google ads saw any lowering of charges for the ads or the profits would not have been so great.  Of course, those who were moved up in the rankings would consider a higher rate of earnings- no matter the size- a good thing and would not realize they were getting paid less than the previous top ranked articles.  Just a guess on my part as we are in the dark in the whole mess.  smile

Yeah, like we can expect any sort of compensation from Scroogle.  lol

7. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 5 years ago

I would feel compensated if Google came to my house and mopped my kitchen floor for me.

1. MissE profile image80
      MissEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

.....AND cleaned my carpets.  Sounds like a deal.

jimmythejockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You forgot the grass needs mowing too? lol....jimmy