jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

Passing on a hub topic and content to another hubber to write

1. rembrandz profile image87
    rembrandzposted 5 years ago

Hi there

I had a very important topic which I have committed to someone I will write as hub to promote their endeavors. It would definitely bring me more traffic but I feel I can't write it because I will be a distraction from my focus-category here. Can I find some other hubber to take it on? And is this allowed by hubpages policies?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Make up a new account for yourself, and post it there, so you won't dilute the topic on your main account.

If the topic is that important, why allow someone else to earn from it?

1. rembrandz profile image87
        rembrandzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey thanks tonnes IzzyM What a brilliant suggestion. Can we do that? How can I integrate the same google account into the new hubpages account. I think hubpages does not allow 2 different account for a single email ... or does it not matter if my email address differs from the email address I have provided to adsense? And I could just place my Google ID under the affiliates for my new account?

1. Isabel Melville profile image86
          Isabel Melvilleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Rembrantz, it's still me, IzzyM! I figured out with the rel=author thing Google knows who I am so no point hiding behind a pseudonym!!

I just made this profile up, you do need to give a different email to join, and then sign up all your current affiliate programs to the new account.
          I just did it and it was painless. Simply follow the instructions smile

Now to work and get myself out of sandbox with this new subdomain smile

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
            wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been pondering doing the same thing, Izzy.  I'm not giving up on wordscribe, but working on another subdomain could be an interesting experiment (if I play my cards right, anyway).  It could be an excellent platform upon which to test some of the ubiquitous theories about why some subdomains are crashing and others are rising.  I suppose there's nothing to lose, huh?  I actually have 2 other profiles here I may focus on.  They seem to be largely unaffected by the ups and downs. 

Good luck!!!

1. IzzyM profile image86

Thanks Wordscribe smile

I have considered doing the 100 hubs in 30 day challenge, because I know I can if I put my mind to it.

My mind, unfortunately, is not yet there. I work best when I see some instant results.

Not having a real job, I could easily write 3 quality hubs a day, but I have to be motivated, and unfortunately the motivation simply isn't there.

Needing the money doesn't do it for this kind of work.

My mind is working overtime. What do people want to read? I can write it if I knew that.

I don't know, so I just have to write what comes to mind, and when.

I have a wide range of interests; it is very seldom I would attempt a topic just for viewers. That doesn't usually work anyway. You need to write about something you have at least a little passion in.

Then again. look at the diversification of topics among the people who are seeing results now.

Maybe starting again is a good thing. I still have the (almost) 500 hubs here.

2. rembrandz profile image87

Hey thanks IzzyM And for your experiment to test if this works. I really appreciate it. Oh well yes looks like you do have to work a lot to get your scores up on the sub-domain. Which gives me an idea to test when I open my sub-domain. I think I'll prep. a few handfuls more of hubs and upload it at once. Will see how the score gets effected. Will be in touch. wordscribe43's useful response too is noted. Thanks

1. IzzyM profile image86

I went and sat on the terrace thinking about what my new subdomain will write about.
              I guess I should look at my hubs that don't get views and discount them.

I don't want to write around the hubs that do, either, because I've already grabbed all the best titles.

It's been so long since I've been a new hubber!

But this time I am using my real name so it needs to be the best it can be, which is all I've ever tried to do with this name.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
                Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're kind of a "reverse sockpuppet" or "partial reverse sockpuppet" (or something like that) on here now.  smile

Personally, I think everything will eventually iron out with your IzzyM stuff (because I think it's not your stuff, but instead, maybe, the algorithms that need some adjusting, or something).  But, maybe it's always kind of nice to start new and with a fresh outlook - and under one's own real name.  And, the ultimate is sometimes getting to both keep the old stuff/former "identity" and still be able to start new at the same time.   (Hmm.  No wonder so many people seem to like being a sockpuppet.   (wink  roll )

(I'd imagine, though, that that 28 score next your own picture might be quite a culture shock for you right now.  lol  It's a good thing you're veteran enough to know how the score-thing goes when a Hubber is "new").   smile

You mentioned above that needing the money doesn't do it for this kind of work.  That's always been one of my biggest challenges when it comes to what I can write about.  Maybe writing about that particular challenge might make a good Hub for Isabella Melville.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Reverse sockpuppet! Love it!

Your response has set my mind thinking, so thank you:)

2. rembrandz profile image87

Hi there Thanks for this discussion going the way it is. Interesting points discussed and new metaphors learnt too Thanks.

I am just voicing my opinion as I started this thread.
                  I prefer writing in my own name/identity as my original account. My account name I made it that way because I don't want my real name floating around the net...when it/any discussion with the name will be there for life somewhere and can never be erased. I don't want my real name viewed by unwanted people especially when we have no control of what people could talk/express on the net. Virtual definitely does not replace real life.
                  My sub-domain though it has a different name altogether, I will stitch it together in my hubs. Nothing to hide. Anyway google will know anyway from my affiliate settings...I am too excited in developing my focused sub-domain. Real name hubbers have their freedom of expression....some don't...that also could be a reason they have to hide behing anonymity and speak....because some people may not be living in a free thinking world.