jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Google Analytics Referring Sites & Direct Traffic?

1. David 470 profile image85
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I checked my google analytics and see I am getting about 10% traffic from both direct traffic & referring sites combined.

What exactly do those mean? Are people typing my profile into the URL? I am assuming the referring sites are links?

David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

bump.

1. 0
        Suramya.Kposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Organic  - from search engines
        Referral - online bookmarks, links on websites etc.
        Direct - all those traffic which cannot be tracked: for example - link from a PDF file or a MS word document, direct typing of URL in the browser, online links in secured websites etc.

Thanks.

2. 0
      adeaugustusposted 5 years ago

When it says direct traffick, it means the rate at which people are visiting your url through search engine.

3. Fiction Teller profile image60
      Fiction Tellerposted 5 years ago

Direct traffic means they go there without a referrer (yes, links like Facebook, email or another hub) and without a search engine.

There are ways to go to a page directly besides typing the URL - think about how you do it yourself. Navigating to the home page and other browser navigation features like bookmarks and history, opening up a browser with saved tabs, doing web development stuff behind the scenes on sites you control, that sorta stuff.

So people are posting my hubs on facebook maybe? Or are using bookmarks (I forgot about those lol).

4. Fiction Teller profile image60
      Fiction Tellerposted 5 years ago

Facebook is referral traffic.  Bookmarks are direct.

working