jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Sudden big drop in profile hub score

1. 0
    Multimanposted 5 years ago

My hub score has been consistently between 85 and 95, but two days ago it suddenly dropped down to 78 and 76, and I am doing nothing different and my traffic remains the same as does my over all hub averages.  I am concerned though since at below 75 I understand the links on my hubs become no follow.  I have removed two poetry hubs that were 60 or below, maybe that will help.  What I also do not understand at this point if these are truly sub-domains in our name now why any would become no follow without our permission.

1. Jlbowden profile image80
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Multiman:

I just noticed that today myself. My profile Hubber score usually sits around 93 and never drops below 90. It is now at 88, which bothers me somewhat. Also haven't been writing any hubs over the last few days, because we have lost power due to Hurricane Irene. Thank god for starbucks internet hotspot! Good luck and keep me informed of other possibilities that could be affecting our scores.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

"Multiman is now following..."

I saw a bunch of these in a row, so that is my guess. smile

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is most the problem all right.  HP is not intended to become a popularity contest to see who can get the most followers and will penalize those who play that game with a lower hubber score.

Sit tight, don't follow anyone else for a while and the score will probably build back up.

1. Daffy Duck profile image59
        Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  Only follow people who you are genuinely interested in.

1. 0
          Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Understood and will do, misunderstood the reasoning in back of following, thanks for the reply.  I will begin slowly to unfollow people I haven't visited in a long time.