jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Reading hubs before commenting

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Just a reminder to people to read hubs before commenting. Otherwise, you will show to everyone that you didn't read the hub. I recently wrote a hub about finding a dead cat in the middle of the road. It was *not my cat.* I got a comment on my hub that otherwise was a thoughtful response, but one in which I was asked  a "what if" question if I had been a third party -*which I was* would I have gotten mad at the driver -yes I would, and I was. It does not have to have been my cat to be angry. Oh, and I have no idea who the driver was as he or she never stopped and the accident happened about 10 minutes before I walked down the alley. I can't get mad at the driver in question as I don't know who it was.

All of which would be clear if the person had read my article in its entirety. The fact that I talked about earlier cats in my life  doesn't mean that this cat in particular was one I ever met.

1. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The problem is everybody takes input with their own biases. Very often, people are not commenting on your hub, but what THEY THOUGHT your hub was.

Just the other day I wrote a hub on MLMs, and attracted two MLM defenders, who didn't really disagree with me, except to the "degree" of the problem. Another just repeated the standard "MLM can be profitable" sales pitch.

Basically they responded to what they THINK the hub's about, which isn't always the case.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This hubber seemed to be worried about trying to save the driver's soul and told me that getting mad at him for killing my cat, I did not make  the driver less likely to do it again-and really, saving a person's soul  was the most important. Interesting comment had the cat been mine and I got angry at the actual driver, but ...

2. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

I think we have all had those sort of comments! lol I wish I could remember which one really made me laugh, but it was a while ago!

3. 0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

Flora, I have also received comments from readers that let me to find out that they did not read what I had written, but left a comment anyway.  Not right.

4. whiteorchids profile image73
    whiteorchidsposted 5 years ago

I have had them to and sometimes they are just anxious to comment. smile