jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Getting Traffic

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

After a hiatus, I am back and trying my best to upgrade and improve my hubs.  I have fixed the broken links, upgraded the photos that were pixelated or changed the photo size, added summaries, included my sub domain.  Now what else must I do to increase traffic?

I have even tried posting out on Craigslist.  I went back to SheToldMe and was told I needed to spend money.

Is pinging the answer to traffic?

Is it possible to be active here and still work full time?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

That's a huge question, Gma!

I suggest you sign up for the free trial of Market Samurai, then make time to site down and watch the videos.

MS is designed to help website owners, so not everything is relevant to Hubbers:  however large chunks of it are.  Be prepared, it is information overload, but it's worth doing.  You'll understand a lot more about optimizing for search engines, backlinking etc by the time you're finished.

I did it but I didn't sign up after the free trial - I'm not interested in having my writing topics dictated to me by a piece of software!  You also have to be careful not to go overboard - it's good to use the right keywords but it's bad to overload your Hub with them, for instance.  Moderation in all things!

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
      GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much!  Will check it out!

3. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Marisa Write,

What programs can you use to target specific niches and see how much traffic they get? I do well on some keywords, but not as well as others.

Is there something that can help me pick out titles? My focus is to write hubs that can maintain 100 views a day. Right now things are going well (knock on wood), but I don't know if the Google keyword tool is enough for me.

I'm not sure if I even should use some software, but I am serious about this, and would like to take advantage of my new found traffic, as I see potential, but that potential must be unleashed.

Sorry, that was longer than I thought.