jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

My hubs touched 80's and then died - what's wrong?

1. Sony G profile image80
    Sony Gposted 8 years ago

I have written two hubs for which I have enjoyed combining research and personal experience and though they started well the traffic seemed to die. I used both stumble upon and digg to attract more traffic but nothing seems to work anymore. Can you tell me what's wrong and how I can bring more traffic to these hubs?

the links are the following -

thanks in advance for any help you might give me...

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

It's a million dollar question smile You are competing for traffic with everybody else, including big corporations with whole departments doing just that - competing with you for traffic.

The first and most important thing in this game is to write good content - which you obviously completed, at least for the hubs in question. smile Now you have to learn how to promote your hubs. The good place to start is here: http://seofaststart.com/ . Good luck! smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

It also just takes time.  Hubs don't necessarily take off the day (or week) they're published.  Takes time for other people to take note of your work, blog about it, email it, etc.

4. 0
    SirDentposted 8 years ago

One thing I noticed is that your link and the title to your hubs are different. If I recall correctly that also will affect traffic. If I am searching for dinosaurs who drink milk, why would I end up with a page about toddlers and temper tanturms or vice versa.

I will suggest your title and link match as close as possible. It is best to write offline in a wordpad and make sure of your title before publishing it on HubPages.

1. Sony G profile image80
      Sony Gposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info. I don't know why I wrote that link, I just liked the idea of a big dino slurping an enormous glass of  milk shake.smile I didn't know that the traffic is affected if the title of the hub and the link are different. I'll keep it in mind next time I ll write a hub - proves I still have a lot to learn :-).

The thing is that I heard a lot of people saying that they get a lot of traffic from google and yahoo but  none of my sites was ever googled...(i think) do I have to make a particular setting or is my content not good enough?

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Actually when I change the titles I end up getting more traffic for awhile, and the difference between the title and the url does not seem to matter.

5. Sony G profile image80
    Sony Gposted 8 years ago

Guys I cannot believe it ! one of my hubs is on the front page of google and it is the very first article!!!!  it is not one of the hubs I have highlighted on this forum but it is very similar in context. the link is
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Lose-the … y-Children

If you go to Google and type cranky kids you will see the link to my article there... !!!!

I realised I am not doing it wrong with these 2 hubs that I had a problem with. It is simply as Misha said - I am competing with people like Dr Phil for traffic, so I guess I have to be more patient ( just as Maddie said)...

Thanks for everyone's comments guys.... I really appreciate all the help!!!

Sonya smilesmilewinkwink smile

1. Len Cannon profile image88
      Len Cannonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yay smile

I had a hub show up at the very top of google and was getting some pretty heavy hits, and then it just disappeared and all the hits dried up.

What was it replaced by?

My digg submission for my article. Oy.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Changing titles help some time but I usually do it by changing it slightly. I never tried to mismatch the title and the topic.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Most title changes would still be about the same topic.

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago