jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Is it okay to post my material on a Hub as well as on Facebook?

1. fall2rth profile image59
    fall2rthposted 5 years ago

I have a Facebook group that I set up for my poetry and some of the material I have also created hubs for here. Is it a problem as far as HubPages is concerned that some of my material is published in both places? I really don't want to violate the HubPages terms. Thanks for your help. (If I need to I will remove it from Facebook).

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes it is a problem.  If material is published anywhere else, plus on HubPages, it is a duplicate and will be unpublished.

All material on HubPages must be original and unique to HubPages.

fall2rthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply. I deleted the posts of my poetry from my Facebook link. Will that be enough to comply?

2. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

Just thinking.. if the group is set to "private" and only the people in the group can read the posts, then I don't think it'd be a problem since HP can't see it anyway..

fall2rthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you and good thought. I do hate to close the group because I know lots of people will read my stuff published on FB due to convenience as opposed to being forced to visit another web site. Currently it is open, but I could go private. Not sure if that is kosher though.

working