Question about Amazon Links in Text Capsules

1. Alison Graham profile image92
    Alison Grahamposted 5 years ago

I have not created a new hub for a while and was editing one of my hubs this morning and noticed that the adding a link box has changed.

I noticed that the box that comes up also gives you the option of searching for a hub of your own or someone else that has the word or phrase you are linking - or to add an Amazon product.

I thought I would try the Amazon product link out and just added the phrase smoothie maker, a list of smoothie makers appeared and I chose one and added it to the capsule.

However, I found that the Amazon URL that the link was pointing to DID NOT contain my affiliate link so do I earn from this type of Amazon link on the same 60/40 basis as Amazon links in the Amazon capsule? It just had the URL for the product page followed by /?tag=rebelpilot - am I missing something here?

I also found that there is no longer an option to get the link to open in a new window (target="_blank) so adding links automatically takes readers away from my page.

I would be interested to know other hubbers' views on the Amazon Link in particular!

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

If you refresh the page, the link will show your Amazon affiliate ID for 60% of views, just like with the Amazon capsules.