jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Summary not changing to my new summary when sharing hub on Facebook

1. rembrandz profile image86
    rembrandzposted 5 years ago

Hello there

I just published my new hub. <snipped-promotional link>
    Just before pressing the publish the first time I changed my first para. Then copied and pasted a summary in the summary space with same content, but when I try to share it on my Facebook, the old summary keeps showing. So am stuck. Does anyone know a work around to this? Have anyone else faced this problem?

2. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

It's a shame they deleted your link, but didn't answer the question.

In practice, I find that in such cases the summery WILL change eventually. Only you need to wait a few hours/days (not sure) until it gets reset to the new one.

rembrandzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem.

Before pressing the Share button when in FB, I clicked once on the summary which seemed to have a hyperlink, but it just was the indication (like a yellow highlight on hovering over the summary) to edit the content. On clicking I could change the contents of my summary. I found this out accidentally.

Well yes my link here got snipped...was told that we allowed to place URL-links only in the Extreme Makeover Forum. Anyway my question was for my latest animation article "10 Steps to Become a Great Animator". Thanks you so much for taking your time.

1. Haunty profile image84
        Hauntyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's good to know you found a way to solve it. Obviously, I was talking about how HP deals with things not FB. FB changes so much I never took the time to try to figure it out properly.

2. sofs profile image89
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey could you explain that.. I didnot really understand how you can edit your summaries on FB ..thank you smile

rembrandzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi there, Well if only I could attach some images to show you.

k now
          1. Go to www.facebook.com
          2. At the top of your main pane you find links you can click to "share"
          3. Click on "Status" you see the space suggesting you to enter what's on your mind.
          4. Enter your URL there. (Tho' "Status" is not conventionally the area to enter URLs. The moment you enter your URL, there, "Link" get's highlighted and get's populated with your website. (its title and summary)
          5 Hover your cursor over the title and summary and notice that while your mouse is on either, it get highlighted as like a yellow highlight pen.
          6. Hover over the summary area, and a single left-mouse click will take you to the edit mode with a scroll-up and down arrows at the right of the space to edit. (much like this space right here we use to reply.)
          7. After you make your summary change, just take the cursor out of the edit box and click anyway outside it, to register your change.
          8. Press the "Post" and you are done

Hope this was clear smile

1. sofs profile image89
            sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you rembrands...I have got this copy pasted so I can check it out when the opportunity  comes up smile God Bless!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It takes a little while before the summaries change.

working