jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Foreign language comments

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure what to do when I get a foreign-language comment on a hub. Appears to be Chinese.

1. WriteAngled profile image93
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If I was able to understand a foreign language comment and thought it had worth, I would add a translation of the comment with my reply. If I could not understand the comment, I would delete it immediately, since there is no way of telling what it is about. I do not trust automatic translators to translate something precisely enough to be used as a basis for judgement.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am inclined to agree. Especially since I do not want to encourage more of the same.

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can read Chinese. smile  But you can always run it through Google Translate.

I'm of same mind as WriteAngled. If I understand it, I'll post a translation and respond to it. If not, it's not getting published. I've denied comments in the past that are just... ridiculous. However, I trust in Google translator a little more than she does. big_smile

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Same here, If I can translate it to something understandable I will post it. However what I've been getting are short comments with a request to visit "online pharmacy"...those I delete............cool

3. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

Translate it....

working