Is it possible to set up a Hub as more of a question/answer column?

1. 60
    JuleenAnnposted 5 years ago

I have a lot of areas of expertise and think it might be less overwhelming for me to generate an article or discussion based on particular questions that readers submit on a given topic this possible? I just signed up and haven't read everything on here but I wasn't able to find any info on this question anywhere so far...

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
      Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's possible, but I don't think it'd be very productive - the way HP is set up.

There's two ways you could do this, but you still need a substantial "header" for it.  In other words, write a 500 word introduction to what you're answering questions about. 

First method: Use comment boxes.  I don't know if it's still regulated to one comment box or if you can have multiple boxes.  If I remember right, in the past, you could have more than one comment box.  I never used more than one, but it may be possible.  If not, one hub per topic, and answer the questions through comments.

Second method: Use polls and quizzes.  This really doesn't offer you direct interaction with the reader, but it offers the reader direct interaction with the article.

Hope this helps.

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe. I have a few "FAQ" style hubs, but they are not attracting much traffic.

You are probably better off writing a traditional article-style hub, with an FAQ section that address common questions.