jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)

Best traffic day EVER!

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Yesterday I saw the most traffic on HP that I've ever experienced. Ever - and I've been here for a couple of years. OMG, I hope this continues!

1. Rebecca E. profile image88
      Rebecca E.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

hurray for you!  that is great news, I really hope it does continue, it's great to see some nice numbers!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
        CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Although not in the same traffic lane  I have had a nice steady level of traffic accross the whole range of my hubs- which is really nice. I joined up to have people read, money secondary so I am "well pleased" as they say!

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me, too, Habee.  Last Wednesday was a record, Thursday was a record, Sunday was a record and yesterday beat them all again.

I never expected to see this kind of traffic or income for at least a couple more years and many more hubs.  If it simply levels off I would be one happy camper and it just continues to grow.  Almost scary!

1. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  Also, (and I'm pretty pleased with this) best Ad Sense month since Panda).  It's not where it once was, but this month my payment will be double what it was last month.  I hope it lasts too, but I still think a lot of shifting around may be yet to come - but it's nice for now.

2. 0
        Suramya.Kposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here as well. I think HubPages has now really bounced back. Earnings and impressions are up as well.

3. saddlerider1 profile image59
      saddlerider1posted 5 years ago

Where is the best place to look to see this increase in one's traffic?

1. kmackey32 profile image83
        kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would have to say your adsense account. Thats where the money is. lol

2. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Analytics Saddletrider. Fairest reflection, way better than HP stats.

4. kmackey32 profile image83
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Yesterday was also a record for me. I just wish the clicks would be there. I am only getting 1 or 2.

5. saddlerider1 profile image59
      saddlerider1posted 5 years ago

Thank you kindly frogdropping for dropping that advice on me, appreciate it.

6. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I hope  my best traffic days are not over.
      today my traffic is dropping fast and I don't know why...

7. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

I had my best traffic numbers about 9 am today- double my traffic of 23 Aug.  My current traffic is about a 30-40% increase from my pre-Panda numbers.  If I average my combined total of HP and AdSense earnings from 24-30 Aug, I'm looking at a bit more than my Jan (and Feb up to Panda date) earnings, but probably less than what I would be earning if the whole Panda thing never happened. AdSense remains really low, with the occasional decent click.  Three of my hubs that were earning $10/mo each with AdSense still earn just pennies, despite return of traffic even before the sub-domain switch, and double and quadruple traffic since 24 Aug.

I don't write "Amazon hubs", but was making a little each month until Feb when it dried up to a dollar or two a month. I had quit checking Amazon, so was pleasantly surprised yesterday to have earnings like Dec! Thanks in large part to two moderately big (dollar) items.

8. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

This has also been my best day on HP EVER!  I was one of the hubbers that was sandboxed (or something of that sort) on 8/10, but the past 24 hours have brought record breaking traffic and earnings for me.  I am thrilled, but simultaneously guarded.  And, I feel badly for the people here who haven't recovered.  It sucks to be in that boat, especially when so many great writers are being affected.

Nice.  It's always good to see the better news on here. 

It will be nice for some of the others who took that most recent hit to see your encouraging post.   I agree about the other great writers.

2. sagebrush_mama profile image81
        sagebrush_mamaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just seeing some improvement this morning...yay!

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
          wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

YAY!  Congrats!  So glad to hear it.  I will cross my fingers it remains steady for us.

9. Susan Ng profile image89
      Susan Ngposted 5 years ago

Traffic and earnings have never been this high for me. smile My earnings for August is almost double my normal monthly payout. Banzai! ^_^

It's nice to see the list of people enjoying the upswing (at least while it lasts, and hopefully it might  roll)

(Unrelated note:  I just noticed in my post above that there should be a comma between "other" and "great".  It would seem to be a minor thing but, when I came back here and saw the missing comma, I realized the whole meaning of the sentence really was changed because of it.  hmm  It should have read "other, great, writers" . Sometimes commas don't matter much.  This particular one did.   roll )

10. ubanichijioke profile image48
      ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

I have seen increased traffic on my hub[s] but truth is it ain't reflected on the money.

That's not my main concern cos money ain't the main thing.

I want to know what is the main cause?

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The great God Google is rolling the dice each morning.  7 or 11, you get a traffic increase.  2,3 or 12 you get slapped for the day.  Anything else gets a "by" for the day and you stay steady.

Makes as much sense as anything else! lol

Now THAT does make sense.   I think, maybe, I'll start passing that theory around as if I know it's a fact.  I'll tell people, "I read it somewhere on here," and they can then start some threads on probability and its potential effects on bi-weekly earnings and traffic.   smile  (There really needs to be some new threads, other than that 1800-plus subdomain thread at this point anyway.)

11. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Best ever day for me too, let's hope it continues.

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+

12. farawayvr profile image59
      farawayvrposted 5 years ago

Pretty interesting we had our best ever day, let's hope it continues.

Cheers

13. shogan profile image88
      shoganposted 5 years ago

I'm with you guys.  Please let this trend continue!

14. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

I'm very close to beating my all-time rolling 24 hr number as well which is saying a lot since my peak season hasn't hit yet. I'm crossing my fingers that it holds out as well.

Funny enough, I saw a huge dip just prior to the surge.  I had about 10 days of lows I hadn't seen since my first year here.  So this sudden surge feels especially nice. 

During the dip I stopped to access my YTD combined earnings and I'm seeing a 33% increase in revenue before ever getting into my peak season.  I'm really optimistic about this year ending really really well.  smile

15. Night Magic profile image59
      Night Magicposted 5 years ago

Way to go Habee.  I hope traffic continues to go up for you.  My traffic is finally starting to move upwards too.

16. nikipa profile image14
      nikipaposted 5 years ago

Traffic going up here as well... Let it flow!smile

working