Looking for New England contacts

1. assumeloom profile image61
    assumeloomposted 8 years ago

So, I came here to earn money, and wound up realizing my dream, I want to become a columnist. Though, obviously I need to start somewhere. That's where you guys come in. I'm currently looking for a job in either the publishing field or the magazine/newspaper field as either an editorial assistant or a reporter. Right now I live in MA but would like to move to RI. I was wondering if anyone here was in either of those fields and could give me some advice as to how to make myself stand out from the pack. Also, if you know of anyone that is in one of those fields that lives in New England I would love to contact them to seek out any potential jobs. Thanks much.

2. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

It seems a bit obvious but I would have thought start  a blog and be your own columnist and editor: it would be a good item for your portfolio.  I don't know that I would be starting off a career in the print media: I am not convinced that it will survive the internet to be honest....

Also do some online freelancing - again not just for your portfolio but also for some cash