jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

does it make you sad when no one loves your poetry?

1. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 5 years ago

and no one reads it?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope - the poetry I write is written for my own personal enjoyment! If someone else happens to like it or read it then great, otherwise it doesn't bother me!

princess gposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's good. I wish I didn't care, yet I do!

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The fact that you published it means you want to share it...right? If you share it and no one responds then it's natural to feel disappointed.

If I publish a hub ...about anything...an there are no comments or votes...it would seem to me that my followers and others didn't like what I wrote. I would feel a bit sad.

2. alekhouse profile image82
    alekhouseposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. I write poetry to express myself. Most of it is very personal, so it doesn't matter if people like it or not. I'm not writing for glory

I don't remember mentioning glory.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image80
        Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HP isnt exactly a huge poetry site. But people still comment on mine and every little bit helps.

I noticed that HP isn't big on poetry. I like it too much to find somewhere else though:)

1. alekhouse profile image82
            alekhouseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a lot of poetry on my page...but also lots of other stuff. Sometimes if you draw people with an occasional interesting article, they will also read your poetry.

2. alekhouse profile image82
        alekhouseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't say you were or were not writing for glory. I said I wasn't...the remark has nothing to do with you. Sorry, if you were offended.

lol...not offended

3. lovelypaper profile image69
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

I don't really get bummed out if no one likes my poetry but it's nice to get good comments. I write for myself when it comes to poetry and if it means something to me, it may not mean the same to someone else. I would like to be able to reach a common understanding with my fellow human but if I don't that's ok.

working