jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

When is the right time to Unfollow someone?

1. uche_n2a profile image61
    uche_n2aposted 5 years ago

Mega1 asked while trying to answer my previous comment on following people and she asked: when is the right time to unfollow someone? This am not sure I have the answer for and hence I table it before the well deserving and knowledgable people here.

Please permit me to ask again: when is the right time to unfollow someone?

1. Singular Investor profile image79
      Singular Investorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When their score drops below 50

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

oh haha!  and also if you don't like their opinions or the way they write.  I was wondering if I should unfollow people who write so darn much there's no way I can read it!  But I am still interested in what they write anyway, even if I don't read it.  Honestly, I don't know how some people can write 20 hubs a day - and day after day!  True, I haven't read the hubs so they may just not be very good - I kinda doubt if the quality is that great.  It takes me at least 1/2 a day to write just one hub.  And I am very picky about the subject matter.  I won't treat HP like a blog - I don't think the very personal journal type things belong here.  I probably should unfollow a couple people who are doing that.  (also, scores do mean something! I don't follow people in the first place whose scores are under 70)  what a place!

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Whenever you want to.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

In addition to all the answers above (which are all good)... Whenever you no longer have an interest in what they are writing.

4. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

I stop following when my initial reason for following seems questionable. Since I read those I follow, they'd better be people I emulate in some sense. Yesterday I added 8-9 to the mere 3-4 I'd been following. I intend to unfollow one now who is prolific and not writing what I know she could. Glenn Stok, OTOH is prolific and worth it.