jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

So what does it take to get noticed around here.....

1. The Bard profile image82
    The Bardposted 5 years ago

It seems to me if I promote my hubs here I will be shafted - but if I don't you will never know about me.

And if you don't know me now (after two years) - you may never know me ever! So I'm not promoting my hubs - I'm merely promoting "me"!

To know me is to love me - or vice versa. Anyway that's up to you! (Actually - I'm not that endearing!)

But perhaps I'll grow on you - not that you'll ever grow on me - that would be ridiculous!

Oh dear! I do hope I have not exceeded the forum etiquette - but heck! In for a penny - in for a pound! Or is that the 83 cents I've earned since 2009?

When I get the dollar I shall frame it. A testimony to wasted time and a sore arse sitting in front of a laptop writing hubpages.

"Sour grapes?" I hear you shout! Not me guv! I'm just having a good old rant - surely I'm entitled to do that?

1. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Bard:

Your forum post caught my eye, so all in all, posting it was not a waste of time in this instance. And now I know you as a fellow hubber. And remember if you really love to write like most of here on hubpages do. Than you are not wasting your time, because you are doing what you love. Also another thing to remember is while your doing it, just think about the readers who do enjoy your writing-you will be noticed by the few of the many and cannot please everyone. Don't give up the ship, keep doing what you love to do, its not a waste of time, just a waste of ink!  smile

Jlbowden

The Bardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cheers dear chap. A New Yorker! Fine fellows in my book!  I appreciate your comment.

1. Jlbowden profile image81
          Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Bard:

I,m glad that I could provide a bit of encouragement to you. However some of the other members who have posted in this forum...Marisa and Sofs as examples, also give some additional, as well as good advice. In the future I will have to plan on visiting England. My father's mother, my grandmother was born in Kent England, not too far from London. It must be nice over there, this time of the year?  Take care.

Jl

I had the very good fortune to visit New York a couple of years ago - I was based in Maryland, but also got to Baltimore, Washington DC, and Atlantic City (even strolling the boardwalk).  The Staten Island Ferry was an unforgettable experience (and it's free!), but to pass the famous landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and approach Manhattan from the river filled me with thrills. My joy was palpable. I know that thousands of commuters do that everyday, but they probably are as unphased by it in the same way as Londoners who pass a wealth of sights in their routine but never actually see them. Familiarity etc.....but there is always a first time for everything, and I hope when you visit England, you will experience the same adrenaline rush that I got when I visited your part of the world.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bard, just participating intelligently in the forums is an effective way to promote your Hubs to other Hubbers.  On every post, your name is a link to your profile.  Make a witty or insightful comment, and people will be interested enough to click on your name and read some of your writing. 

The other thing to consider is that the HubPages community is quite small.  If you really want readers, you need to get them from outside HubPages.  Links within this forum won't help you do that.

2. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Getting noticed around here ?   Who are you again ?

big_smile

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

2. The Bard profile image82

The name's Bard. James Bard.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You need to promote you hub to the world, not just other people who make hubs.

working