jump to last post 1-50 of 57 discussions (90 posts)

502 Bad Gateway

1. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I experienced this a few moments ago only on HubPages and only while logged in. When I cleared cookies and came back to HubPages it was fine until I tried to log in. No other sites appeared to be affected, so I'm thinking it wasn't my ISP. (Although I have Comcast and they are fun to blame.)

(I'm obviously fine now, though, just wanted to let you guys know.)

1. Bubblegum Senpai profile image85
      Bubblegum Senpaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got that trying to check this forum. It's been hit or miss. I use SAT internet cuz I live in the boonies, so I thought that may have been the problem. Good to see it's not my ISP.

2. sanathara profile image60
      sanatharaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had same problem.Then I clicked on 'Back' button and it started working fine..

3. profile image60
      mgargposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, it`s happening. i have also same problem.

4. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I too.

5. sanathara profile image60
      sanatharaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Again few minutes back I had same problem and this time it was worst. I couldn't do anything and I had to sign out.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image87
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

Yup, I got that too.. I figure it was just their server blinking out.

3. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

Yes, I've gotten it about a half a dozen times today as well.

1. princess g profile image61
      princess gposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too. And I'm also having trouble editing hubs.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I got it within the last fifteen minutes too.  Also, I haven't been able to get replies to comments and forum replies to "go" either.  They just keep coming up with a "problem" window that says it didn't go through.  Sometimes it really did.  Sometimes it didn't.

5. Brett.Tesol profile image73
    Brett.Tesolposted 5 years ago

I've had it happening to me all day. It was OK at first this morning. However, I wrote a lovely hub, clicked save and I got "sorry we have encountered a problem" type message. Lost everything I had been doing, even the bits before the final splurge of writing! WAS NOT A HAPPY LAD!!

Since then I have had the bad gateway message many many many times. Have given up with Hubpages today! See you all tomorrow ... I'm really hoping the hub will be saved/restored, but have a strong feeling it is gone for good.

edit:
    Now having the gateway problem while just trying to post this message. Seems they are having serious issues today.

1. Bubblegum Senpai profile image85
      Bubblegum Senpaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What browser are you folks using? I was using Chrome all day and no problems (just a little slow at times), even on HP. I switched to a different computer in the evening that used iexplorer and then I was getting problems from the start. It could just be the browser we're using.

You know what they say... Internet Explorer: The #1 Browser... for downloading a better browser.

6. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, and I'm getting the same thing.  I can see the forums and read Hubs - the problem only seems to happen when I try to look at Hubber profiles, and even then it's inconsistent.

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Yup. Me, too.

8. rachellrobinson profile image82
    rachellrobinsonposted 5 years ago

I just got that message. I went to see who someone was that commented on my hub and that message came up. I thought it was a non-hubpages user, then I came to the homepage and this forum message was on my screen.

9. carolp profile image79
    carolpposted 5 years ago

Yes i have been experiencing this problem a few minutes when i click my profile and my account both 2 times. What is the problem? bad gateway...it will schock the readers when they click these pages and might not come again.

10. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I have had this message pop up for a few hours now.. it is frustrating when you are trying to edit and get thrown out.

11. Charlotte B Plum profile image88
    Charlotte B Plumposted 5 years ago

I too had this problem just now. Right now, things seem fine for me.

12. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

Funny thing... I was completely unable to get in via Firefox.  Got dozens of 502 Bad Gateway errors.  But I could get in with IE.  Odd.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Experienced the same until after logging in, I took out my hubname and made it www.hubpages.com and it automatically applied the /feed.

HQ must be updating servers containing our profiles.

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 5 years ago in reply to this

awesome. this worked (so far) I could not log in or see my profile. I was scared I had been banned for a second there.

13. Just Ask Susan profile image86
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

I had this happen yesterday once. Now again today. Today though every time I go to click on a different tab such as home, account, forums, it boots me out and takes me several tries to get back on.

14. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Resolved I think.. seems to work well for me smile  just now smile

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought so too until I tried to leave a comment on someone hub and it booted me out again. Took me ten minutes to get back on. So frustrating...The joy of the Internet smile

15. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

I didn't get it any yesterday, but I'm getting it today.  Tried twice to go to "My Account" and the second time worked.  Still can't get to "My Profile".

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have this problem right now, can't jump around on here without running in to it.
      I may try to clean my registery. smile

16. Tenerife Islander profile image91
    Tenerife Islanderposted 5 years ago

Me too, every time I tried to get to My Profile and then to get in here to Forums but it has allowed me in this time!

17. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

It's still happening with me. Then I wait a few moments and it's all right again, then I hit a page refresh and it happens again! I use Chrome. I've seen this before, but last night I thought the bad gateway was at my end, but it seems not. This is bad today.

18. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Just took 5 minutes to post this message! More 502 errors!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image84
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My nerd daughter said it was a problem with their server, and left!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Computer geek son said the same thing  ,then walked away lol dont ya love them

19. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I Googled it.  Found a very detailed technical page obviously written by an expert in the field of internet doings.

Absolutely none the wiser.

20. Gypsy48 profile image78
    Gypsy48posted 5 years ago

Having the same problem.

21. TamCor profile image79
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

I can't get to my earnings page...not that there're any earnings on there anyway... tongue

Edit...Never mind--I was just able to when I went back, but it took about four tries this morning!

Edit the Edit...Okay, it just keeps going back and forth, one time working, the next time not, so I give up--I'm done trying to get anything done on here today...

22. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 5 years ago
  23. wittyDoll profile image61
    wittyDollposted 5 years ago

I just got that message for some of the pages. not for all the pages I got the message...

When i first time opened the my earnings page, I got that error. Now, its ok....

24. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

"This problem is due to poor IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including the Web server at the site you are trying to visit"

OK to translate - the thingy that stores our stuff ain't talking very well between the other thingies - this may require the thingies to be turned on and off to clear any buggies! Or at the very least they may take them outside for a good old talking to!

1. Jeff Berndt profile image92
      Jeff Berndtposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have a bright future as a tech writer, SimeyC! smile

lol@ thingys
        Would that be thing one or thing two?

Oh hell pokers working, see you guys later smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL well it looks like they've worked on their thingies and they are back to normal! MIght have to write a technical hub on thingies!

25. SnapHappy profile image59
    SnapHappyposted 5 years ago

Bad gateway 502, on most clicks at Hubpage. Please fix. Frustrating!

1. Trsmd profile image59
      Trsmdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

me too.. it's irritating..

26. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I figured out the problem! This is what HP's security cams are showin'. All we have to do is figure which engineer that is:
    http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/im … eeping.jpg

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The bad gateway happened to me thrice just a few minutes ago. I was really scared. I wondered if I probably picked up a virus or something.

That photo, lol lol

2. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL lol  yeah they sure seem to be sleeping smile
      It seemed to work for a little while and then it was back to 502 Bad gateway.. hmm

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Bad error did have a code ,but Im afraid I didnt note it down.

Just not tech savy enough.

27. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Have they tried turning it off and on again?

melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OMG! I hate this response I get from Comcast! I wish there was a "I know how to work my router and modem" number that I could call. I get the same condescending thing every time:

"Okay, see that box with the lights?"

"Look, I'm just reporting a DNS outage. I switched to Google's DNS temporarily, so I'm fine. I'm just letting you know that there's an issue on your end."

"There aren't any reports of a DNS outage in your area, would you like us to send a technician?"

Comcast DNS is so bad I permanently use Google DNS... and I live in Michigan.

Time Warner does the same thing!!

They must be re routing their hours (income) as well-so frustrating.

melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, my programmer friend in LA can't stand Time Warner's DNS issues. They always tell him that there's nothing wrong on their end although from looking online, it's a widespread constant complaint about Time Warner. I think he also uses Google DNS now.

28. Hollie Thomas profile image62
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Happening to me too. riving me mad!

29. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I was checking in from my iPod Touch last night to see if I had any comments to approve when suddenly I lost HP. I tried to log back in and it kept refusing as if I was using the wrong password. I just gave up since it was around 2AM and time to sleep.

zzz zzzz zzzzzzz  roll  Oh, as I was saying...

This morning everything was fine and then I saw this forum thread. The first post was around the time I was checking in. So it must have been a glitch, either with the DNS through the Internet or with HP's server itself.

30. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

502 Bad Gateway

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lot of them around today!

31. blessingsforlife profile image60
    blessingsforlifeposted 5 years ago

Me too have been getting that messages. Now I can't log in to the main hubpages site. Its good that I can access the forum to know what is happening. Otherwise, I thought something is wrong with my account why it I cant log in.

I have found it works after a few pauses and attempts..... very annoying after a few hours of it!

32. blessingsforlife profile image60
    blessingsforlifeposted 5 years ago

I tried to use Google Chrome and the browser closed due to errors. I tried Opera and its working fine. I can log in now.

33. Azure11 profile image86
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

Been having this problem for the last hour or so, on Chrome and keep losing the connection with a 502

34. Talia J profile image79
    Talia Jposted 5 years ago

So glad this wasn't just me! Scary to think you may have lost your work. Now I know that obviously isn't the case and everything is fine.

35. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

Phew! I thought it was only me.

36. profile image0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

502 bad gateway means a proxy server is down or refusing to connect for some reason or other.  It really is not your computer that is at fault, though it is good to clear your cookies and cache from time to time.

37. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Me too ! Bad gateway 502. Not had this problem using Firefox before today, funny how know one from Admin as responded letting us know they have some server issues.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You must consider the fact that it is 3:07 AM where the admins live.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
        BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean this ship has no Captain onboard... where all doomed.

38. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Yeah, i was having this problem too.  What really pissed me off was that I was busy working on a hub at the time, and I lost all my work because of that lousy 502 bad gateway thing.  Oh well.  I think the person who brought up clearing cookies works the best, as i just did that too, and it seems to be working just fine now. smile

39. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

It just got cleared up I think ..i have been trying to get in for almost 30 minutes.. seesh hmm grrrrrrrr...

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you should have a new accolade, best perseverance award.smile

40. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

It seems to have sorted itself out. Not had a 502 error for about half an hour now. (touch wood!)

41. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

It's back!

42. billabongbob profile image80
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

It's happened to me a few times in the past few days. That's why I'm here finding out about it lol.

Thank you for being so community spirited and letting me know what's appertaining wink. Now I can get on with my day smile

You're welcome! smile
      It helps if we stay in touch when problems arrive. smile

43. Abzolution profile image60
    Abzolutionposted 5 years ago

I'm new here and I'm wondering if this site crashes frequently ?

44. agsuto profile image81
    agsutoposted 5 years ago

I have a problem about this since two days ago, especially when I try to sign-up around 2:00 AM until 2:30 Am Pacific Time (Indonesia Time around 15:00 PM until 16:00 PM).

Regards

Agus Sutanto

45. Jon Peterz profile image61
    Jon Peterzposted 5 years ago

I just hit the refresh (F5) and it clears it up for me.  Worth a try.

46. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

There it is again.. 502 bad Gateway..
    Admin please look into this...

47. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

This is getting very tedious and probably putting off a lot of visitors to the site.

1. Mutiny92 profile image87
      Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

agree.  hit me a few times this morning

2. earnestshub profile image88

It is very annoying, it has taken about 50 tries to make this single reply.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The first time it took me 30 minutes, now 43 minutes to get into the site... I wonder how this is affecting our traffic

IT IS REVERTING BACK TO OUR OLD HUBPAGES DOMAIN..  kINDLY CHECK
        Not good enough at all hmm

Edit : Sorry I didn't mean to shout but that was to get admin's attention... smile

48. Melovy profile image95
    Melovyposted 5 years ago

I am also repeatedly getting the bad gateway message pop up - at random times, and usually when I try again it works okay. Also today while working on a hub I have had repeated errors - sometimes it’s not saving edits and other times it doesn’t load a capsule. Both times a second or third attempt has been successful.

edit: When posting this I got the bad gateway message at least 5 times, and was surprised to discover that it had posted!

49. pinkish profile image61
    pinkishposted 5 years ago

Me too I'm experiencing the 502 bad gateway.. I hope it'll be fix soon..

50. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

I have had all manner of problems here today which is why I have come to the forums to see if others are having the same sort of trouble!

working