jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Google down

1. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I have never seen this before, but google is completely out of action. No adsense ads, no admanager, no home page. All gone. And for the last half hour or so at least. 10:50 GMT+1

It's the commies! I mean, Arabs, I mean Chinese, I mean left wing radicals, I mean.......... who is the bad guy currently? lol

Or maybe they just went broke?

What will life be like without google? How will I cope?

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good Morning Mark! Better said good day to you, 6:30 Am for me... Google was acting strange last night for me too. (about midnight my time) It was telling me it couldn't open my request because of a possible virus... I was trying to see where my hub on cream cheese making was. I'll check it again. zs

2. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Nothing wrong here, I've been using my igoogle page excessively for the past few hours and had no troubles.

I seriously doubt Google could "be down" with all their data centres etc.

Most likely a country/ISP specific problem.

3. profile image0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Is this a War of the Worlds remake Mark?

Hope you have not lost your account!!

4. Mark Knowles profile image62

It's the cream cheese makers - I knew there would be a new bad guy.  smile

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

Google seems to be working okay now Mark. The Cream cheese makers? The new bad guys?
    That is so sad but if Ewe say so it must be a  'Fetacomplis'

6. Mark Knowles profile image62

Yes, it is back here also - As Junkster said, perhaps it was just the local data center.

7. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 8 years ago

I don't think it was a localised problem, Mark. I had serious problems loading my Google homepage around the time that you were experiencing problems. It lasted for more than half and hour.

working