1. Str8up Hookups profile image60
    Str8up Hookupsposted 5 years ago

I had a hub that been running since March,with several comments from others.

Well today I received an email telling me it was removed,with a list of reasons.

One being overly personal,then substandard,deceptive tags really?

It's been posted since March,WTH Hubpages if you don't want me wait til I try to write another hub before you shoot down work that been published 6 months.

No wonder so many hubbers have fleed!!

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to read the rules so you understand why these things happen. IN case you have not been keeping up with it, Google has made major changes to what they accept as quality...something that is useful to the reader.   HubPages had to change their rules to conform to the new Google standards.

Don't take it personally. It has nothing to do with you. I am sure your hub was well written. But what you need to understand is that we now are in a world where it is of the utmost importance to write something that will benefit the reader. All else is a total waste of time.

Here's an idea for you. Take your personal subject and rewrite it in such a way as to become a teaching instrument.  What I mean by that is to use your own personal experience to help guide a reader who may have had the same experience and is seeking some form of understanding of the events.

When you write about your personal subject, keep the reader in mind. Think to yourself  "Is this something that will help my reader?"  Consider readers who might have gone through the same thing and ask yourself "How can I explain this in a way that will guide my reader to a positive result?"  Make it about the reader, not about you.

If you write in that way I'll bet that your Hub does not get removed for being overly personal.