jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Getting paid for your content.

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Option 1 - joining a content site for free with no upfront payment like right here on HP

Option 2 - joining a content site for a fee and getting paid for your articles.

Which would you choose?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I'll never pay to post my articles online.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Whenever I see the words "joining fee", the further word "scam" comes to mind.

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't pay to be a part of a content site. Also, if they pay me a flat-rate, I doubt they could afford half the writers here. I really like the idea of earning via royalties which is kind of how we get paid around here. If I would have sold my top article here for $5, I'd be crying now. Even an article of mine here that hasn't panned out for me earnings-wise is worth more to me than the $5 or $10 I could get for it on another site.

4. zanaworld profile image38
    zanaworldposted 5 years ago

I prefer joining without paying any fee.  The revenue generated through our writing is shared by writer and platform (like, HP).

It is simply a WIN-WIN case.

5. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I was recently on a site that I could freelance my work. As it turned out, the freelance has to pay a fee then place what seems like an ad, then people would bid on you. I thought it was ridiculous because I don't see why I should pay a site and probably never get chosen.