jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Strange traffic increase?

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Has anyone had a traffic increase to hubs that never really made that many views and are now getting more? I have multiple hubs that are getting red flags that could barely get a view in a day.

These hubs are not making hundreds of views or anything, but there is an increase. smile

Ironically, my best performing hubs have dropped some since the major increase last month.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been seeing that ever since the big bump in traffic.  10 or 12 red arrows each day and usually on hubs that don't get much or even zero.

What I don't understand is why no blue arrows.  The only blues I get are when traffic drops to 0 on a given hub.  Wish I knew just what makes a red or blue arrow; how many more views today than yesterday or however they do it.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought the blue / red thing was a comparison with the previous 24 hours? Seems that way for me.

2. David 470 profile image86
        David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have blue arrows, but I think it makes sense because I had a hub that was receiving 2000+. I did not think it would remain there constantly.

The arrows are only an indicator of a certain % increase  or decrease within 24 hours (I think) or something because you could have an article that gets 10,000 views daily then drop down to 5000 views, but that is still a lot - if you know what I mean.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's what I have always assumed, but it doesn't seem to be the same now.  One hub has gone from 80 views to 127, but no arrow.  That's over a 50% increase.  Nor did it see a blue when it dropped from 140 to 80.

It's almost as if the arrows are confused because of high traffic.  Sooner or later I should be finding some blues as traffic varies day to day, but the only ones are always on hubs with 0 views.  I don't think I've seen a blue on anything with more than 1 view since the subdomain change.

2. KiaKitori profile image78
      KiaKitoriposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought that the last Panda played with keywords again, downgrading some - if I can say so - and raising others. That's why some hubs are getting more visits then ususal.

2. kev8 profile image75
    kev8posted 5 years ago

I have seen a lot blue arrows. My traffic has gone way way down. It made a bit of a recovery a few weeks back but seems to be dropping again.Its down to about 30 hits a say now from about 350 pre panda. Any one have any advice on how to recover. Looks like the site is recovering in general.Have a look at this link.

http://www.pandalized.com/

3. lisabeaman profile image87
    lisabeamanposted 5 years ago

Yes... the same thing is happening with me. Not so much today, but in the last couple of weeks I've had some strange spikes in traffic and red arrows all over the place. My traffic as a whole has been on a steady increase with a lot more Google traffic in general.

I've been spending a lot of time tweaking old hubs. I've stripped them all of RSS feeds and link capsules to get rid of unrelated links or duplicate content. I've also been trimming the tags a lot and even changing the titles. Those things seem to be helping.

Once I have all my hubs in good working order, I really want to start adding more. I'm pretty happy with this up-trend right now! Let's hope it keeps moving forward smile

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Tweaking produced spectacular results for me. I cut a lot of pages that had never done well and I could see no way of improving. That seemed to help too. Content that Google sees as poor (for whatever reason) can hurt your account.

4. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

A lot of us are turning into weird traffic watchers, obsessing over that sign and this portend. It will take several months of stability before I don't feel obliged to read the runes.

working