jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Been on here 6 days, hub author score rising but minimal traffic?

1. MummyTales profile image62
    MummyTalesposted 5 years ago

Hi, my author score now is 88, I've been on here 6 days. I don't understand, I don't seem to be getting many page views and not many comments. I know the scoring system is complex, I've done a lot of reading, but I can't find any answer to this. Why is my score quite high very early when I don't feel I'm getting a lot of readers? Thank You smile

1. cardelean profile image89
      cardeleanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It takes a while for those page view to add up beyond the Hubpages community.  Your score is probably high because in the short time that you have been here, you have published quite a few hubs.  If you want to increase your views there are several ways to do that.  One is to follow other hubbers.  As you do that, many (not all) will in turn follow you and then you will get your newly published hubs out to more people.  You can also share them on the different social networks like Facebook, twitter, etc.  Other ways to get yourself "known" is to read and comment on other hubbers hubs as well as participate in the forums.  Hope this helps!

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should only follow other hubbers because you like the hubs they write and want to see more.  Indiscriminate following either in an effort to treat HP as a social site or in a misbegotten effort to gain traffic will be penalized - several threads lately have pointed that out as people that did that see their hubber score plummet.

MummyTalesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the feeling I got from having a read around myself. I do agree, I will only follow people who interest me, I have facebook for the other smile

That's exactly right; facebook is a social site to gain a community of "followers" to interact with.  HP is a site to write and publish articles.  The follow button is there to make it easy to keep up with the publishing activity of someone that you enjoy reading.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

What you are seeing is pretty common.  The first few days most new hubs will see a lot of traffic from other hubbers as HP promotes it on the site.

That will die off in a few days and a new hub will pretty much languish until it begins to see organic traffic from the search engines.  This can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months and it will probably take years to reach its maximum return.

Study up on keyword usage, SEO and ways to get traffic.  The learning center (link at the bottom of the page) has a whole section on it and there are hundreds of hubs written about it.

Whatever you do, don't decide to follow dozens of hubbers because you think it will help traffic.  It won't, you will be penalized by a falling hubber score and even if it did, hubbers don't click ads and won't earn you anything.

Thank you. So I will just ignore that number, continue writing hubs and enjoying writing to whoever happens to stumble on it. Cheers for the advice!

Well, if you really want readers (or income) it will pay large dividends to "go to school" and learn about those subjects.

Whatever you decide, though, have fun!

3. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

6 days is not enough time to see traffic, especially with only 5 hubs. Not too mention, have you done any promoting on bookmarking sites? backlinks? its a game of luck as well, get the right topic and you could have a hub getting 1000 views a day like I have

Yeah I'm so new to this, I really am just starting now to research all this bookmarking and back-linking...It's all a bit confusing. What I was asking though is I just really don't understand why my hub author score was so high so early when I don't feel I'm getting a lot of traffic..?

4. RKHenry profile image78
    RKHenryposted 5 years ago

It takes time.

5. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

However, presently you're probably getting viewers from HP. And not receiving Search Engine traffic. You could be writing things people are not searching for? You could be writing things people are not presently interested in?

Who knows? However, your authorscore is going to fluctuate regardless of traffic, because it's not the only factor involved.

Thank you for your welcome!
      Thanks for your advice, it is hard to find that "thing" that others don't already have the monopoly on. I am very happy with my score, I just don't understand how its so high, not that Im complaining about that smile was just curious as to why.

6. joseph merlin profile image73
    joseph merlinposted 5 years ago

I am also having good score though I joined ten days ago. I know it takes time to set your Hub on search engine. and I am sure then my traffic will also increased.

working