jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

IMPLEMENTED: Suggestion For A New Sub-Forum Category

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

It has been suggested that we verify ownership of our subdomain with Google Webmaster Tools http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ster-Tools so that we have more insight into how Google sees our 'sites'.
    I think it would be helpful to have a subcategory in the HubPages Knowledge Forum specifically for Google Webmaster Tools in relation to our subdomains.  I know I myself don't understand what everything means while looking at the page.

2. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

that would work for me, I don't understand it all myself. I started to follow WriteAngled's(?) and others' directions and had to stop one night because I got stuck on one of the steps. I really haven't had time to sit and read through everything.

rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it would be helpful. I'm not sure what you're referring to, I'm referring to our account on Google Webmaster Tools. Even though I've read some of the blog posts and videos, I would like to understand more how to read the statistics on the dashboard in relation to our subdomains. Crawl errors and the crawl stats graphs.. I don't know what's good and what's not. hmm

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That would be really helpful...a sub category would ensure that these threads do not get lost among the others.. Great suggestion.. I could do with more help too..

rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, the threads do get lost. This way, all questions could be in one place, easy to find.

3. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

Hi RebekahELLE,

I know this was suggested a year ago, but we're getting to it in our queue now. Better late than never, right? smile

The new category has been set up:
    HubPages Tutorials and Community → Hub Statistics and Metrics → Using Google Webmaster Tools
    (it might take a few hours for the cache to clear and for this to appear on the site)

An additional reminder that we have a Learning Center entry as well:
    Linking Your Subdomain in Google Webmaster Tools

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

OH nice!  I didn't see this when you responded.  I was just checking my profile page in the Forums category. 

Thanks! smile