jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Ok this is weird someone who knows about adsense help please

1. Google Gal profile image60
    Google Galposted 5 years ago

ok so I look into my google adsense account and I have two sites listed that are not mine - it shows page views and everything - weird - should I delete them?

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My guess is that google is informing you that your adsense code is somewhere else in addition to where you thought it would be. I could be wrong. The way google keeps upgrading and changing things, who knows? smile

2. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Send of a note to Google and inform them that those site are not yours.. Why get banned for no fault of yours.. someone has wrongly placed your code on theirs.. hmm

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Not really sure what you are looking at but they could be sites that were referred to your site, also, js hmm

3. Google Gal profile image60

well when I go into my google adsense under my account and hit sites - two come up - one is another hubber on here and the other- I have no clue what it is but it shows clicks and ad impressions for the two sites

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If someone signs up for HubPages after coming to the site via a link tagged with one of your tracker codes, your ad codes will appear on their pages for 10% of the time.  That's how the referral program works.

So, that other HubPages site is either the person who got you as a referral, or it's someone you got.

4. Google Gal profile image60

actually its uner performance reports then sites on the left hand side

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are they other Hubpages users? If so then what relache said above applies and she is 100% correct.  If it's another site entirely, then it's questionable.

There are a few other cases where this can occur, such as a cache of your Hub, or a translated version by some site that creates a temp translated version. Google has a translate feature that looks like a different URL when it's used.

Do the URL's that show up seem like any of these cases? Did you click to them to see what they look like?

5. Google Gal profile image60

yeah , thanks I figured it out - and your right thanks again for your help smile

working