jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

New Forum Additions

1. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Not many seem to have noticed the new additions to this forum yet! smile

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I did as soon as I visited the forum.

Interesting.

Though I am more interested in how Hubpages works, how to improve my hubs and pretty much anything that is hub related.

3. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

I thought so too. The new addition takes out the actual focus on the 'Hubs'. I guess it is a step towards monitizing the forum too.

4. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 9 years ago

I like the addition of the new forum topics. Maybe we will see an increase in forum activity.

5. Lincoln Armstrong profile image61
    Lincoln Armstrongposted 9 years ago

An increase in forum activity like, trolling, flamewars, rickrolls, silly links to animated skateboarding dogs, more trolling, spam, eggs, ham, spam eggs, hash browns, spam, spam and spam. 

And then there will be the banning, and the sockpuppets, and the arguments over signatures, the O Rly owl, the man holding his forehead, masses of text that are supposed to be ASCII art but were pasted in a proportional font, and the banners, and the arguments about banners, and the lone voice claiming every single thread is spam. 

And then people will take sides.  There will be the moderators, and the self-appointed experts, and the self-deluded debating society champions.  There will be political arguments, technological arguments and arguments about arguments and every third word will be "newb," and every tenth word will be "spam."   

Then the skies will darken over the forums, and the mass bannings will occur.  And everyone will return under a new name, whereupon each argument will be punctuated by "I knew you were FORUMTROLL!  You are such a NEWB"  And the arguments will continue. 

As the weight of the spam and the trolling and the flamewars accumulates, the Earth will start to tilt, and its orbit will begin to decay. 

Somewhere on a burning planet hurtling towards its fiery destiny at the center of a star, the last act of the last person alive will be to press "submit," and the last words of humanity will be momentarily recorded before the disk is vaporized by a wave of magnetoelectric plasma: 

"QQ more"

6. darkside profile image81

I loved reading your post Lincoln.

Though there won't be a problem with sigs, as that functionality hasn't been enabled. And I wasn't aware of the term 'rickroll' and I went to go check it out and now I'm a little disturbed.

Everything else you said will one day have you held in the same esteem as Nostradamus! big_smile

To hijack the thread (threadjack) you may find these two videos as funny as I did, if you haven't already seen them:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1771556
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1776175

7. Lincoln Armstrong profile image61
    Lincoln Armstrongposted 9 years ago

No true thread is complete without at least one Rick Astley tune.  big_smile

8. darkside profile image81

I found an excellent way to increase Hubscore.

working