jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is important today?

1. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

I watched a documentary today about a Japanes reporter who was reporting on some devestating floods. He received a call from his wife and found out his daughter had been swept away. As he was interviewed later, and told how he had spent 30 minutes with his daughter's body, it really made me think hard about what was important to me.

I have two beautiful daughters and one amazing grand son - they mean more to me than life itself and I cannot imagine the devestation that this poor man must have felt.

It made me realize that my Hubs are not important, nor is the traffic, the revenue, or the 'fame' - what is important is my children, my family, my friend - without them there simply would be no reason for living - so go anf hug your son or daughter, friend, lover, husband or wife and really understand how insignificant anything else is....

1. 0
      SusieQ42posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you!  Family is more important than $, or anything else for that matter.  (except the Lord, of course)  I would be devastated  if anything happened to my family.  Thanks for the blessed reminder!

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

That's the truth.

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

SimeyC, I think the very sentiment you've expressed here is "important".  When all is said and done, I've never really been able to see anything as "all that important" other than the health of my three kids, other family members, and myself.  It's not that I don't take other things seriously, but - really - the thing that always kept my perspective has been always keeping in mind what is truly the only thing that's important in this life.