jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

HubPages Ad Program Payment Date

1. PBody5205 profile image88
    PBody5205posted 5 years ago

I reached the $50 threshold for the HubPages Ad Program payout last month and I was wondering when I should expect the payment to show up in my PayPal account.  Any ideas?  I realize it's a holiday weekend, but since this is my first time getting a payout I wanted to know when to expect it.

Thanks!

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should see it around the 20th or 25th of this month.

1. PBody5205 profile image88
        PBody5205posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!

2. IsadoraPandora profile image87
        IsadoraPandoraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So then I should see my payment next month around the 20th/25'th, too? Thank you very much for the information!

2. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Congrats! How long did it tell you to get to $50???

3. PBody5205 profile image88
    PBody5205posted 5 years ago

I slowly built it up, but one of my hubs took off and got some good traffic last month which pushed me over the edge.  I'm on vacation right now, but am looking forward to continuing to write and get some more Hubs out there.

1. damek profile image60
      damekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, you have only 24 hubs and over 100k views. That makes approx. 4100 views/hub!  Congrats!

4. Victoria Lynn profile image88

What's the secret to getting so much traffic with so few hubs????  I only get a few views per hub and some get zero views some days. I know I should just focus on writing quality hubs, but I get frustrated with trying to learn the whole traffic thing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You've only been here 7 weeks.  It takes time for your Hubs to move up the ranks in the search engines - very few people are going to see them if they're sitting on the third or fourth page.

"Just write and they will come" doesn't work.  To be a writer online, you need to grit your teeth, learn about how to promote your work and then go out and do it.  It's tedious and I know you'd much rather be writing, but it's a fact of life.  If you don't want to do it, then you would be better off freelance writing, where you write and sell your work to others.

2. johnwilliams33 profile image61
      johnwilliams33posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great. I think you have a learned a lot. Now I see that your bub has ket the 100 thousand mark. All the best

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Thanks, Marisa. I hear you saying two things. One, promote your work. Okay, so do you mean backlinks, revising key words, etc...? On the other hand, "it takes time for your Hubs to move up the ranks in the search engines." Does that mean that older hubs usually DO move up on the searches and thus do better? Thanks for the info!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I mean getting backlinks by promoting in forums on related topics, sharing on Facebook, guest blogging on other people's blogs about the same subject, writing articles on other sites etc etc. 

And yes, Google respects age so Hubs do gradually do better with time.  The effect used to be very marked, but with the new site structure, it's hard to know what the future effect will be like.

working