jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

social bookmarking & other-page promoting tools

1. 60
    wbaackposted 8 years ago

Took the Tour an saw this bullet:

"You have access to social bookmarking and other-page promoting tools."   HUH?

Just because I've been living in a cave...

Maybe a typo? Read "social bookmaking" I like that. Hollywood bookmakers taking bets on the longevity of livs together...

Want do the two terms above mean? And...maybe its just me but "access" is a big word.

2. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Hello and welcome smile

Social book marking sites are sites were users can link to sites, articles, images and other things on the net. There designed to let you share what you find with other people on the net. I use

These are great tools to draw some traffic to your hubs. If you are already a member at any of them, try sharing a hub. Go to the bottom of a published hub (one of yours for best results!) and click share (to the left of the thumbs up and down bar) and then click on the site your a member with. Then fill out the basic form and share. People will see this and click the link, magic happens and there on your hub!

This also helps creat 'backlinks' to your hubs which helps get them a high position on Google search. If your not sure about any of this, search for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) in any search site. There's alot of stuff out there if your new to online marketing and writing, my biggest biy of advice to you if your interested in it is simple

"don't pay for any ebooks!"

Why pay for something when you can find out most of the stuff for free on here!

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I would argue that facebook is not a social bookmarking site though smile

4. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Yeah, fair point Misha, its more of a  'social networking' site, but you can still get some pretty good traffic on there and its very popular!

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

book-marking hubpages in any of these sides atract positive result. Face book is really good.
    you can try yahoo 360 too.

Jyoti Kothari