jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)

Switched off Hubpages ad program

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I just switched off Hubpages ad program. I am anxious to see what effect it has on my adsense impressions and earnings.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Let us know if those 1-cent google clicks are still in town? smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I assure you that they are.  Can't seem to get rid of those vile vagrants!  They and their siblings (2-5 cent clicks) are camped out in my subdomain. smile

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My adsense clicks have actually been decent, but I think HPads are more consistent, so I'm leaving mine on.

1. sid_candid profile image61
          sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I will also switch it back on next month. I have reached payout with the ad program and need about $25 for adsense payout. Hopefully with the ad program switched off I enhance my chances of hitting payout with adsense.

1. Rosie2010 profile image82
            Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good idea, Sid.  I hope it works for you.  Because of the traffic surge, my Hubads earnings are higher than ever, and my Adsense earnings are holding up.  Good luck!

2. wilderness profile image94

I shouldn't complain, I suppose, as I do get some good clicks.

It's just irritating that I still get so many penny clicks even after bidding against HPads. 

I've left mine on as well even though I would like to know what adsense by itself would do.  The CPM is just so much higher than I've ever seen with adsense that I'm convinced it would be a pre-ordained test.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can now attest to that as well. Tomorrow morning's final total will tell the tale... smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
          paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Update

As near as I can guesstimate I have a tie for Day One. smile

3. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

After my "one month on one month off" experiment, i discovered that HPads isn't for me. Adsense doing really great for me.

4. iviskei profile image81
    iviskeiposted 5 years ago

So wait....are you guys saying it's better to leave one on and the other off?

1. wilderness profile image94

Most hubbers will use both HPads and adsense, but only time and testing will determine what is right for you.

Give it some time, get your earnings and traffic up a little, and turn off HPads.  See what happens.  Only then can you make an informed decision.

1. iviskei profile image81
        iviskeiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a good idea. Thanks~

5. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 5 years ago

i'm doing good with the hp ad program - my earnings there keep going up and up but Google latley - woa - is way down from the norm

6. Purple Perl profile image80
    Purple Perlposted 5 years ago

I am curious to know how this turns out for you,Sid.

7. jcmayer777 profile image79
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

I decided to turn mine off a while back.  It was right before my big traffic surge, so I cannot really tell for sure if it was beneficial or not.  It is nice that they can go on and off as the author chooses.

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
      Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You don't want to turn them on and off a lot, as that's "disallowed" according to HubPages,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-turn_off

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that, Hestia. I hadn't dug into the FAQs enough on this issue.

2. WriteAngled profile image92
        WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The FAQ is totally vague. What is frequent? What will happen if someone oversteps the unknown boundary?

8. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

There has been a huge surge of traffic on it. I would leave it on a bit more, if I were you. I thought my statistics had an error, but they stayed consistently high. Good luck.

9. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

Don't make a decision solely upon someone else's experience. Your results may vary based on the content of your hubs. AdSense depends on clicks, while HPads work on page views alone.

Take @Ms Dee, for example. She writes many hubs about the practical application of psychological type to job search and business management. These should tend to draw ad clicks (in my opinion). She also writes many hubs about religious, political and social issues. I would expect these hubs not  to attract many ad clicks, but to draw many page views. The former is well suited to AdSense; the latter to HPads. Unfortunately, she can't be selective about which hubs use HPads.

So think about your primary target audience. Are they more likely to be in a search-and-buy mood or a leisurely-reading mood?

working