jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why are questions closed to new answers?

1. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

I wrote a question on the difference between m.facebook.com and facebook.com as a traffic source.  When I tried to publish the question I got a message saying it was closed to new answers.  I then asked the same question on the "Need help? Ask here" forum and got an answer right away.  Turns out it was a stupid question (the "m" stands for mobile), but why was I not allowed to ask it as a question?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You would have to contact team@hubpages.com and ask them that question. Please give them the necessary time to respond. smile

2. New 2011 Mom profile image60
    New 2011 Momposted 5 years ago

Sometimes if a person has written the same question (using the same exact lettering)and they close a question or for some reason it may have been removed for other reasons then it will say it is closed. Sometimes even when you try to post a question if there are a lot of people online on this site it happens as well. One time I tried to post a question and a little later it was fine.

3. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

It turns out the question was flagged, incorrectly I beleive, as one that would generate a discussion, not a short answer, and therefore was deemed more appropriate for the forums.  I disagree, as all I was looking for was a short answer; i.e., the difference between facebook.com and m.facebook.com in the listing of traffic sources.  (It turns out the "m" stands for mobile, meaning the traffic came from someone's mobile Facebook app.)  So I got my answer but still don't understand why I wasn't allowed to ask the question as a question.

working