jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Someone stole my content for their wordpress site!

1. readingwriting profile image61
    readingwritingposted 5 years ago

Has this happened to anyone else?  My hub was flagged as duplicate content because someone on wordpress copied and pasted the hub I wrote into their blog.

So frustrated!  I hope this isn't a common occurrence.  I am shocked that it happened to my first hub ever.

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that's messed up. OFF with their heads.

2. Rehana Stormme profile image92
      Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How dare they!! Why if anyone stole my hub, I'd pounce right on their head and chew off their ears! We spend so much effort writing quality hubs and it sucks for your hub to be flagged because of some butt who's too lazy to write his own! Argh

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

O yes, it happens tongue I'm still waiting for a site to remove scraped content from one of my Hubs - off their site hmm there's a link to report to Google of scraped content on one of these forums but they don't remove the content, HP usually detects copies early on so least you get a heads up.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Notify the HubPages staff ASAP, so they will take the duplicate label off of your hub, then file the necessary reports with Google....cool

4. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

I totally understand your frustration! Although no violations are directed at me, I have been notified that another site has stolen my content! Either way, thiefs suck!