jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Which is better . . ?

1. MickeySr profile image88
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

I started my first, and so far only, hub about a week ago. My intent was to have a hub on a subject I could add to from day to day, thinking people could visit my hub and if they liked today's article and the article from a few days earlier, they would return to see the next article in a day or two. However, I see many folks who have a great multitude of hubs all on the same general subject . . . every time they write an article on, essentially, the same general subject that article is a new and it's own hub.

My hub is an examination of contemporary American Christendom in light of historic Biblical Christianity, and I've been considering starting a hub on popular American Blues-based music, one on classic films, etc - instead of having, say, those 3 hubs that I add to regularly, should I make every article a new hub? Like, if I write about the influence of Chicago Blues should I write about Muddy Waters and then add an article about Buddy Guy and then Chess Records, etc, on the same hub - or should I write a hub about Muddy Waters and then just let it stand, write a separate hub about Buddy Guy and just let it stand, etc.

If I'm interested to gain followers, move up the ladder, and eventually see earnings, which course is better?

Thank you,

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A hub is a stand alone article. It would be useful to have them written as separate entities and you could link them together. It would be too burdensome to have huge hubs as  your ultimate reader on the internet does not have the patience to wade through so much information.. You need to cater to your larger audience..on the www if you aspire to make money IMHO

2. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

I agree with Sofs, plus how would people know what is the new material? Would it be tacked onto the end? Then how would you blend it into the rest so the new stuff doesn't look like it was thrown in at the last minute.

You can group hubs on the same subject together either in the edit mode as you are writing it (in the gray sidebar to the right) or on your Account page, look for the Groups link in the list on the left. Then you can create a new group or add a hub to an older group.

And welcome to Hub Pages!

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Good advice above - write separate hubs and group them together with the group function and via links.

I might add that if, as you say, you are interested in income that more hubs means more ads for viewers to see and click on.  One hub, no matter how large, with have a set number of ads; two hubs will have twice as many.

1. MickeySr profile image88
      MickeySrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks to all of you, you all make sense with, I suppose, observably sound points . . . I think I was hoping I didn't need to make such an adjustment, but was pretty sure that would be the best move. Thanks for the help.