jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic for your work

1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

About a year ago, I disabled all advertising on my Hubs, Blogs etc because I decided that if I were ever going to make money from the Internet that I needed to establish how to ensure success, I have worked long and hard on this and have not been distracted by trying to make a quick buck. I have published some of my research on my Hubs and that work continues, this week, being satisfied that I am ready to get the most out of the net and make a good living I will be launching my Business online.

For me, my work on the net to date has been an experiment, that experiment has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that being successful on the net means hard work, fresh content, keyword research, meta tags, and so forth, if you dont do the work you will not be successful on the net.

Many people will tell you to do this and do that, Black Hat Tricks, Sock Puppets and so forth, however, these are short term, small gain gimmicks. The secret to success on the net is hard work, focus on research, then focus on making money.

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Although I've had advertising on my stuff, my own online efforts have very much been a matter of my own experiment as well.  I've been earning some from what I've been doing, but my main efforts have been a matter of "mixing up some concrete" and laying down a foundation on which to build future, more professional, efforts.  I'm not yet in any position to tell anyone "the secret to success", but I do know my own approach and efforts has continued to get me some fairly decent results (considering that the online stuff is a skimmed-time thing for me, but something that - if I get the solid enough foundation (and first floor) set up, can become something more lucrative for me while I devote less, rather than more, of that skimmed time to it.  It's been a long-term, slow, process (but it's nice that I've been being paid during that process).  Still, I completely agree with what you've said.

My plan for my own business isn't so much to "launch" it, as it is to reveal/unfold it.  Right now, what much of what I have online could be more compared to the scaffolding around a building that's under construction.  The main thing (experiment or not) is that behind that scaffolding there isn't the proverbial house of cards; and, as you say, it takes time and work to make sure that's not the case.  (It's kind of nice to see someone else say they're work is "an experiment", though.  I wonder how many more of us are out there and keeping our efforts to ourselves until "launch time" (or "unveiling" time).

2. theirishobserver. profile image61

Good luck with that you appear to be using a good combination of approaches smile

3. Dawn Conklin profile image78
    Dawn Conklinposted 5 years ago

So true Theirishobserver, success is hard work.  Tho many websites claim instant riches and gets people's hopes up, there is no such thing. 
    There is always trial and error when working online.  Mistakes are perfectly normal and are helpful to your business as long as you learn from your mistakes.  Research is the best thing you can spend time on for your business.  But you have to be careful of the information you receive, some people post information that is not really accurate.  Some people claim they are successful but in all reality only just started out online and are not yet successful. 
    It took me a lot of learning and I still learn more everyday.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61

Dawn, that is so true, hard work is the only way to build your writing or business audience on line, thats why so many online businesses are failing, no research. smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image61

Market Sweeping on the Net, is worth a go, Google it and use it smile