jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

HP webinar

1. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

I've been here almost a year and I'm still trying to sort things out re: getting traffic, page views, SEO, SERPs, etc. I believe I've made quite a bit of progress in my understanding of the subject. But then I'll read something on the forums and it seems to generate another batch of questions.

I'm getting the feeling that there is no real rhyme or reason to it all, that what works for one person won't for another and not even for that same person two weeks in a row.

Still, I wonder if HP would be willing to put together a webinar for folks about this subject.

Yes, I know there is the Learning Center, FAQs and other hubbers' hubs. But sometimes having a live person explain a tricky subject helps.

It could be archived to be accessed later and reviewed again if needed.

What does anyone else think of this idea?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You mean, like the video tutorials or podcasts that HubPages has been making for a while now?

2. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find webinars totally useless and immensely irritating. I hate this obsession with video. I watch videos for entertainment. When I wish to learn something, I read.

Webinars never provide me with a written record of salient points to read at my own pace and go back to as and when I wish.

I have to sit through hours of listening to participant questions that do not have any relevance to my problems.

Most people presenting these things do not know how to speak. Listening to someone stumbling through many emmms  and aaaahhhs is painful.

Please, just give me what I need to know in writing!

3. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Danette,
      We've talked a lot about webinars at HubPages and we chose to go the route of HubCamps instead.  Relache's idea of starting a Meetup near you is a great one where you can get information from your fellow Hubbers. Glenn Stok has had multiple HubCamps in New Jersey and they have been really valuable.  We try to make the Learning Center the place to go for static information and we continue to add to it.   Perhaps it is something that we will do in the future, but for now we are focusing on adding to the Learning Center.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me.  Cheers!

2. Danette Watt profile image87

Have you ever seen a webinar? A webinar allows for 'attendees' to ask questions, not just watch a video or listen to a podcast. It's a chance for a Q&A, a dialogue. It's 2-way communication, not 1-way.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you looked to see if there's a Hub Meetup near you?

3. Danette Watt profile image87

I already have a call out for a meetup in my area - I know there are several hubbers in my area. Perhaps I'll have to contact them individually rather than wait to see if they notice something on the forums.