jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Idea Bank.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

Can you all please bring back the idea Bank.  I for one used it a lot and would like to see it come back.  It was one of the best tools you all had here.  Thanks.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you checked out our Weekly Topic Inspiration?  It is an iteration of the Idea Bank that has been more successful. 
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/82432  Cheers!

2. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

But it doesn't work the same way now does?

1. Robin profile image

You can also use the questions and answers section of the site for ideas.  Many times these ideas are what others are looking for online, so they are great topics to write about.  The nice thing about the Weekly Topic Inspiration is that there is community involvement and you have support of your fellow writers if you want it.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image79
        IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I understand that.  I used to participate in the weekly hub topics.   The idea was completely different than the q and a and the hub topic.  It still is a community participating activity by the way it helps to promote hubs and ideas.  I see what you are getting at, the thing is I don't think you are paying attention to what I am asking for.  How long have you been here Robin?  Do you even know how it worked and what it did?  It used keywords that were being searched at the time on search engines.  The idea bank would have two columns side by side to choose from.  An idea would be whatever people using the web were searching for.  So let's say people were looking for sheets.  A phrase in the idea bank would be whatever "fold fitted sheets" or "how to select sheets".  I answered one one time that said "white watches" & another one I wrote a hub on was phrased "Black and pink."

1. Robin profile image

That's funny, I actually was the fourth person to sign up for HubPages behind the founders-as my husband is one of them. smile smile  So, yes, I know what the idea bank is, we just no longer have it.  It was one of our first features with the Grow the Pot contest, but we found that authors were better at selecting titles.  It was a useful tool for training people and some day we may bring it back in another form.  I'm glad that you found use of it!!  Sorry if I wasn't clear, I did understand your question, I was just giving you other ideas since it's no longer an option right now.  Thanks for the suggestion and we will keep it in mind for the future.  Have a great night and Cheers!!  big_smile

working