jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Promoting our hubs in other sites. digg.com reddit.com etc.

1. damek profile image60
    damekposted 5 years ago

Hey there everybody!
    I think this is there right place to post my idea. What do you think about starting kind of base of hubbers, who will help each other in promoting theirs hubs on the Internet. What do I mean? There are such pages as reddit.com or digg.com and others, which provides links uploaded by users. The more "points", "diggs", "pluses" current link gets - the higher it gets on the page, the more views and coments it achieves. I think the system is obvious for most of you.
    My idea is to gather, here or via e-mail, hubbers who are willing to "dig" links of other hubbers in exchange having theirs personal hubs "digged","plused" or other. I think you know what I mean, but I'll ilustrate it on an example.

There is a group of 50 hubbers.
    One hubber (Hubber A) posts link on reddit with his hub and gives information to other hubbers - members of group. They log into reddit, give point to Hubber A link and now in theory his link has 50 points which is pretty much and will create some traffic. Another day Hubber B posts link somewhere else and the procedure is the same. Ok now I think even monkey will know the system.
    Of course this system can be protected. We can set a limit of 1 hub/week/3days per hubber, in order not to spam ourselves much.

My question is, what do you think about it? I think that's legal and pretty smart. We only need to form honest, not very big group, having contact to each other. (f.ex 10people). Tell me what do you think, and feel free to ask me any question.

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So you want to "bootstrap" the process by forming a group to push each other's hubs? That's like gaming the system. smile 

Honestly? Not a good idea. First of all, Reddit hits are only temporary. I've had hubs that were reddit highlighted, over 100 upvotes (and well over a thousand hits) but the effect lasted maybe... 3 days. After that it dropped off like a rock. Doubt Digg / Delicious would be that different. FRESH figures heavily.

Info stuff may go into Reddit's "TIL" (Today I Learned), but stuff there generally needs a serious "Oh Really?" hook, and even then stuff often got assigned into back pages and ignored.

2. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Traffic from sites like digg, reddit, stumbleupon and the like may give a short sharp boost of traffic, but the traffic is low quality - that basically means that even if you get 1,000 views, you're not likely to earn anything. Plus, for all your work, it's just one single spike of traffic.

If you work on quality keywords and quality backlinks, you can get traffic that increases with time and pays well, instead of wasting hours on posting links which are usually nofollow, bring no money, and won't bring traffic for more than a day or three.

And, in the end, it is considered gaming the system. Social bookmarking sites will ban your account if you post too many of your own links from one site, or have suspicious activity.

1. damek profile image60
      damekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Master for your answer. I definately agree with you in 3rd paragraph, that's why I'm thinking of some restrictions (1hub/week).

I also agree about sharp boost of traffic. I'm new here and every impression makes me happy. Yesterday i put my link on reddit and it got 60 views without and action from me or others.  Another fact is, when such a link get some points it becomes higher in google, isn't it? And as the time pass by it gets some small traffic.
      Having considered your thoughts I'm still willing to try. Thank you again for your reply. Waiting for others!

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Backlinks DO help you rank your page/site higher in Google. However different backlinks do so in different amounts. A high quality backlink from a related topic site, can move your page up a whole spot. And on the other hand, it may take 500 low quality backlinks to move your page up one spot.

Also, 'nofollow' backlinks are close to worthless. I think  you need to look at the difference between 'nofollow' and 'dofollow' backlinks.