jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

First Hub Here

1. Stephen Mull profile image60
    Stephen Mullposted 5 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I am looking for feedback on my first Hub. I greatly appreciate all suggestions and comments, both positive and negative. Anything that can help put me in the right path to make my hubs the best they can be. Thank you.

http://stephenmull.hubpages.com/hub/Beg … uitar-Pt-1

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looks good. The nly thing I recommend is more illustrations.

For example, in the intro, where you discuss the different sized guitars, an illustration on what's a "regular" vs. a reduced size would be helpful. As well as different "types" or "shapes" of guitars.

In the Music Theory, you really need to show the musical scales and whatnot, and how they match the guitar strings.

And so on and so forth.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile I think you did a excellent job writing and presenting it. I would suggest breaking up that one huge paragraph to smaller chunks - easier on the readers eyes wink may want to use more 'text' capsules - room for advertising wink and a video smile prolong the readers stay on your page wink great job! big_smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Great first hub! It's best to write about what you know, and you definitely know your topic well. It's well written and presented well. I agree with Dame, break up that first paragraph under Basic Music Theory. Maybe start a new paragraph with "now there are.. "

A video may help with the chords.

I would put a caption on your image under Tuning.

Why not bold some of your key points? Readers like some bold or italic text to help break up text and it can also help reinforce key points, like a key sentence, that's all, not a whole paragraph.

I found a couple of grammar errors, use 'your' instead of 'you're' if you're not saying 'you are', and in the Tuning section you need to fix the sentence, 'when you're turning your guitar you want to ..."

Great job, Welcome! smile  Happy Hubbing.

4. Stephen Mull profile image60
    Stephen Mullposted 5 years ago

Thank you both for your input. I was also thinking that paragraph should be broken up a bit as well. Just still getting used to this site and everything that you can do with it. I was definitely thinking of putting a video or two in, especially because some of points are just harder to put in words and would be easier to grasp seeing them. I will try to make some revisions tomorrow and add some spice smile

Thanks again