jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Copyright Symbol

1. Jlbowden profile image82
    Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to create that simple little circle with a C in the middle. This is better known to most as the copyright symbol. I wanted to place them at the end of most of my hubs, indicating that the hubs I produce are my own. I thought that you either copied and pasted this C symbol at the end of your articles, or use a key on the keyboard to create it? Some clarification with this would be greatly appreciated, on creating the copyright. Thanks for your feedback.

Jl

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Sometimes typing (c) will create it.  Certainly, just typing (C) is sufficient if you really wanted it there.  You can put it on your hubs, but it's already assumed that the content is your original content, otherwise you would not (should not) be publishing it here.  It's not going to slow down the thieves either.

Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the help and did try the (C)symbol you didn't work, but I believe Maralexa had answered my question already. You still get an E for effort.

Jl

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

At the bottom of every page is a notice saying: Copyright © 2011 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. All rights reserved.Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.

However you're on the internet. If you really want to guarantee something will never be stolen, you shouldn't put it online. There are automated robots called scrapers who'll take content off any sites to put on spam sites. And lots of people who simply ignore copyright or don't realize that all internet content is copyright.

4. Maralexa profile image89
    Maralexaposted 5 years ago

Hi JL.  In the text capsule where you paste your text or write your text, there is a 'symbol' symbol.  It looks like the alpha/omega symbol or a fancy upside down horseshoe.  Click it to find the symbol you want.  Voila!

Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maralexa:

Thank you for your assistance with the copyright symbol info. This is what I was looking for. Will incorporate it into my published hubs, just for that little extra bit of extra protections. Again appreciated.

Jl

5. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

©

I simply did a copy/paste of the one at the bottom of this page.

I'll see if I can find a larger one. smile

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

http://www.loc.gov/teachers/newsevents/images/copyright.jpg

7. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I created my own smile
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4607490.jpg

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sweet!!! smile

8. Jlbowden profile image82

Thank you to all of the fellow hubbers who have helped me out with the copyright symbol issue. Too bad we just couldn't use the friendly yellow smiley face symbol as copyright, that Susan had left as a last post in this forum.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jl, I was happy to see that Maralexa was able to help you and I really liked Uninvited Writer s creation of the copyright symbol.

9. Jlbowden profile image82

HI Susan:

Yes, I have to say that both of their individual C symbols were very creative! Take care.

J.

1. Cutters profile image61
      Cuttersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well it looks like you got your answer. My job is done!

working