jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Hubpages Ad Program Vs Adsense

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I don't earn much but was making about a dollar with Hubpages ad program+ Adsense. I switched off with ad program and in 3 days I have made over $5. So clearly I am making more with adsense alone. Should I keep ad program switched off always or am I analyzing too early?

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm small scale, but I learned I do better with just Adsense for now.  I'd suggest going for a month before deciding for sure...that's what I'm going to do.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

On the internet, traffic and clicks can vary widely - a three day test isn't long enough. A good test (depending on what you're testing) is anywhere from a month up to a year.

You might've just had some visitors who were "click happy" and happened to click on adverts that were paying well that day.

There have been many people who've done this test - about 65% say that they earn more overall leaving the HP ads on, while the others say they earn more when they turn the adverts off.

It really depends on what type of content you have and what type of traffic you attract.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

I tried switching back to Adsense for a month and was far worse off and would not have hit payout at all if I hadn't already had an existing balance in the account. I have gone back to HPAds and am up to their payout level in under 9 days into the month!!!

You need to trial each one for at least a month to get reliable figures (ish). A few days isn't even close to a reliable trial period.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

When adsense is beating hpads, I leave adsense on. But when those 1-cent clicks start showing up in abundance, as they periodically do, it's back to hpads for awhile.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes!  Punish the Big G - I like it! smile

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

if the traffic from Google is so low,then I can't see how only having adsense active would benfit

6. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

The topics we each write on can make a difference. Every person may have a different result and some will find find HP Ads better, whilst others will find Adsense better. It all depends on what we write about, which is why a month long experiment is the best bet for each writer.