jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic Plunge?

1. Jokylu profile image61
    Jokyluposted 5 years ago

My traffic hasn't got up yet, and I am still trying to work out what I am doing wrong. I have been on Hub pages 7 months and I see other hubbers who have been on a few weeks with more traffic. Looking for extra tips.

1. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check your hubs for keyword density--try to bring the highest below 5%. I used this free tool: http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/

In my case it was the Amazon capsules that put my keywords over the top. I still have a problem with one hub that the tool insists on interpreting "price" as "rice" also, and since the hub is about rice, I'm finding it hard to cope.

With the subdomain switch, your entire subdomain can be sandboxed because of too high of a keyword density on one hub.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
        PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some of the people plunging in traffic recently seem to know nothing about SEO, and don't use keywords, so I do have doubts that this approach will work.

I remain open-minded, though.

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I just checked a few of my hubs and they are all under 5% so i am still not getting traffic..

1. 0
      Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Team Hubpages sent me an email on this and said it was going to continue for a couple of weeks in volititlity.

2. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just to let you know that even one hub that is viewed as "stuffed" can sandbox your whole domain. I know because I'm there. Slow earnings for the next few months, evidently, until I'm in Google's good graces again.