jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)

I'm such an idiot!

1. jacqui2011 profile image86
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

I was reading some hubs earlier, and without realising, I clicked follow on my own profile. I am now following myself. I can't seem to delete myself from my followers. Sorry for being such an idiot, but does anyone know how to correct this?

1. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

no,but that's funny!
      there's a another topic about blocking followers..maybe hp team can make that happen?
      smile

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just hope you weren't reading one of your own hubs and didn't realize it.  Not THAT would be funny.  One good thing about following yourself though....you'll always know where you're going and everything will seem very familiar!

1. jacqui2011 profile image86
          jacqui2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Luckily I haven't got to that stage - YET!! Lol.

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tink you can unfollow yourself :p

3. 0
      Textured Ideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oops! i did the same thing the other day and felt really embarrassed! Hope you managed to sort it out! hehe

2. jacqui2011 profile image86

I'm just off to sit in the naughty step now and write my punishment excercise - " I must not be such an idiot in the future." (If it works I will be very surprised!)

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't feel too bad.  I once bought my own book because the title sounded interesting.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I did that by accident but it told me I couldn't follow myself smile

4. Google Gal profile image60
    Google Galposted 5 years ago

ha ha gives new meaning to chasing your tail hahaha smile

5. aware profile image72
    awareposted 5 years ago

your no idiot .   your your  most loyal fan,
    ray

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

We need to transfer this thread to the philosophy forum because it now begs the question: Are you the follower or the followee? It is vital to our society that we solve this question.

7. aware profile image72
    awareposted 5 years ago

Wait ! What?

8. 0
    allchatposted 5 years ago

Well i just followed you so if you found a way to remove your self by now at least i just filled the empty spot smile

9. fratjoe18 profile image61
    fratjoe18posted 5 years ago

Nothing wrong in following yourself, you're great and obviously if you read your own hub, then you seen that.

10. jacqui2011 profile image86

Thank you everyone for your help - you are all very kind. I never did fathom how to unfollow myself, I almost gave myself brain drain at the weekend trying to solve the problem, but hey ho! (on hindsight, I should have left myself some fan mail!!)  I must have had a senior moment, I seem to be having a lot of these lately. I will today read some hubs from each of you and leave comments etc - that should keep me out of trouble for a few hours.  Smiley face (cos I don't know how to do one on the computer - i told you I was an idiot!!).

11. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Every self-respecting person needs to do that once. I even took a screenshot of my hubtivity when I did it.

12. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

You shouldn’t worry much about it. It happens to many of us.

When I first joined a boarding school, it looked as if I was the only one not receiving mails, so I decided to send myself a mail. The mail went out and then after a few days it came back to me.

13. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Earlier you used to get a message saying you cannot follow yourself.. wondering whatever happened to that. That could prevent such things from happening.. smile

14. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

When you are following yourself it is safe - at least you know what you are capable of big_smile

working