jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

My first Hub: The Rugby World Cup 2011

1. hakamike profile image61
    hakamikeposted 5 years ago

http://hakamike.hubpages.com/hub/The-Ru … d-Cup-2011
    Please take a look and let me know what you think.

1. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lot of info, not that well organized, IMHO of course.

I don't see what is the PURPOSE of your hub. It seems to hover somewhere between a general purpose Rugby World Cup 2011 hub and a Fan Hub for the All Blacks. It has schizophrenia.

If you want to write a GP hub, do so. if you want to write a fan hub, do so. Doing both in the same hub only causes confusion. I would recommend you separate the two but it's up to you. 

Please put the match dates in a table capsule. That's what it's there for.

Perhaps you should explain a little why they ARE called the All Blacks, for those of us who don't know the New Zealanders. smile 

And please don't link randomly. While Rugby links are appropriate, linking team names to random Rugby hubs is just... wrong.

And why is the main 'cup picture' not on the very top?

1. hakamike profile image61
        hakamikeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yea thanks for your advice Mr Chang.

I suspect the last section of the article would answer you predominant question had you read it. It would seem logical to me to tie in my support for the All Blacks with an article on the Rugby World Cup given New Zealand have been extended the honor of being the host nation this time around. But that may be irrelevant to you of course, anyways no hard feelings.

In relation to your further advice the links are fixed up thanks, the photo's are swapped thanks, and I will create a new article to be linked to from this one giving all the guts on the who, where and why of the AB's soon enough.

I took a look around at some of your critique posts and have some advice for you. You come on pretty heavy at first time posters mate, you may wanna think about easing up some, this is not a pissing contest. Nonetheless I have plenty of thick skin so I'll be right no doubt.

The question remains, how many people have you burnt with your satirical wit and battery posts? You don't strike me as a very nice bloke mate, that can be remedied should you desire it of course, maybe nobody ever bothered to point this out to you. Don't bother replying, I've read enough of your acid for one day.

1. kschang profile image91
          kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see things as they are, and I say things as I see. Unlike people who only say "you did great! welcome!" I believe I offered actual USEFUL advice for IMPROVING the hubs. I was never abusive, merely direct.  I despise sycophants who won't say the truth in the name of "saving delicate ego".

I read through your hub twice. and each time came away with a mixed message. Is the author going for information about the Rugby World Cup, or just cheerleading the host country's home team?

The first half of your hub is information, and the last half is cheerleading, with completely different tone, thus giving the impression you somehow concatenated the disparate halves together, which is why I asked if you want to split them (or put them into the sidebar, which is the other idea given here).

I understand perfectly why you'd think it's related, as you've been involved in Rugby since your early childhood. I am merely asking you to see it from someone who is NOT familiar with the sport, and thus, landed on your hub to find out more. Will he be interested, or wonder why did the author switch directions?

Or let us switch places for a moment. If I have a hub on, say, the NFL Superbowl 2012, and at the end, I threw in quite a bit information about Indianapolis Colts, the team of the "host city" Indianapolis, Indiana, would YOU be wondering why I included that when the hub's title clearly says it's about the Superbowl?   (Yes, I know American Football ain't quite comparable to Rugby, but I'm trying to make a point.)

Another possible solution is for you to discuss the "most likely FINAL FOUR" match up (clearly, one of them would be the All Blacks) or the favorites going in. This would make your discussion of the All Blacks far more relevant to the overall Rugby Cup.