writing an effective hub summary

1. nick071438 profile image55
    nick071438posted 5 years ago

In compliance with hubpages instruction that I write uniquely worded
    2-3 sentence SUMMARY for every one of my 156 hubs, I would like help
    from fellow hubbers:  1) Would it be okay to write a 1-sentence summary?  If not, why?  2) I have gathered an info- Write enough summary, too long will be discarded by search engines.  On this point, how can we determine that a summary was
    discarded by a search engine?  3) Is a hub summary okay and sound, if it will follow the capsule gauge, say 227 characters left. (There's a capsule gauge below inside the Summary Capsule).  Thank you.

1. kschang profile image89
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it doesn't have to be summary. It could just be a "teaser". The idea is this is what the search engine will display so it needs to grab the reader with that.

You could just write "Do you want to learn more about _____, which helps you by ______ and ______? And it's free? Find out more here!" 

Stupid, but usually works. smile

2. freecampingaussie profile image46
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I guess they have said 2-3 sentences for a good reason , and it does look better than just 1 sentence on sites like facebook so I am doing what is reccommended.It is a lot to do however I am sure that if it is done as suggested then it will be worth it.
    I guess you could do 1 sentence but make sure it is enough to interest possible readers + get noticed by google