I'm a new Hubber, and I'm getting ready to post my first article on here! I have a few questions, and hopefully you can help me with them.
- Can people 'steal' or copy your articles and post them to other sites, or as other Hubs? Does this happen frequently? How can I prove that it was MY Hub in the first place?
- Can I do reviews of products (they would be full length ones with photos) and if I made a video version of the review, could I place this at the bottom?
- This is more of a Google Adsense question. I live in Barbados, in the Caribbean, and I read on their website that I would be paid via cheque in the mail or by Western Union. Do any of you have experience with this? Is it reliable?
Welcome to Hubpages!
You cannot post duplicated articles on HP. It isn't allowed. You must post/write original content.
Yes, it happens, but HP has safeguards in place that are supposed to prevent it from happening.
By the date it was published. The oldest prevails over anything new.
My checks have never bounced.
Must be, if I've never had one bounce.
1) Yes, they can steal content with scrapers and such. That's the nature of the Internet. And no, if you're just starting don't worry about **** like that. Worry about it when it actually happens.
2) Yes, you can post both video AND text reviews.
3) I've received several checks from Adsense. Google has BILLIONS in cash. Don't worry about their checks bouncing.
-Yes, it happens if you have some popular hubs. I have had a few hubs get stolen and reposted, but I have never noticed this result in a drop of traffic.
-Yes, you can absolutely post video reviews.
-As for Google Adsense, don't worry, Google will not bounce a check anytime soon. They have more money than just about any government on the planet.
Welcome to Hubpages, Cardia! Since it looks like everyone else has answered your questions, I am going to give you an unrequested piece of advice. Pick a niche from the beginning. Stay focused on that niche. Not only will it be easier to get backlinks since you won't have to waste alot of time promoting hubs on all sorts of different topics. If the traffic problems continue here, it will make it easier to move all your hubs over to your own website.
by LD4 years ago
Hello everyone.. I'm Meow from Philippines.. Please take care of me. Thank you
by rjvikas8 months ago
Hello everyone, I am RJ. I have been a member of hubpages for three years now but it's been an on again, off again relationship so far. I have also been very inconsistent with my hubs. And this is the first time I am...
by Hibbleton5 years ago
Hello hubbers! I'm new to this site and really like it!! I'm slowly learning my way around and would like to make a few friendsSo those of you who don't find it too difficult () add me
by Rik Ravado6 years ago
Yes I'm back. I know you probably didn't notice I'd gone. I have a relatively low profile here. No I didn't go because of a falling out on the forums but because of my day job that really slows down my...
by LarasMama6 years ago
I'm currently trying to get my husband to help me write some hubs. I'm happy to type them up and edit them, I basically want his input on topics that I know nothing about - because the more topics you cover the more...
by girly_girl096 years ago
LOL I can't believe it. I've been furiously writing away this evening...from 4:30 to 9:30pm EST! Crazy. Must be that coffee I got around 3. Does this ever happen to you? Time flew by....wow.
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.