jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I'm about to start Hubbing, and I'd like some answers please?

1. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I'm a new Hubber, and I'm getting ready to post my first article on here! I have a few questions, and hopefully you can help me with them.
    - Can people 'steal' or copy your articles and post them to other sites, or as other Hubs? Does this happen frequently? How can I prove that it was MY Hub in the first place?

- Can I do reviews of products (they would be full length ones with photos) and if I made a video version of the review, could I place this at the bottom?

- This is more of a Google Adsense question. I live in Barbados, in the Caribbean, and I read on their website that I would be paid via cheque in the mail or by Western Union. Do any of you have experience with this? Is it reliable?

Thank you!

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages! smile
      You cannot post duplicated articles on HP. It isn't allowed. You must post/write original content.
      Yes, it happens, but HP has safeguards in place that are supposed to prevent it from happening.
      By the date it was published. The oldest prevails over anything new.
      My checks have never bounced.
      Must be, if I've never had one bounce.
      You're welcome. wink

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1) Yes, they can steal content with scrapers and such. That's the nature of the Internet. And no, if you're just starting don't worry about **** like that. Worry about it when it actually happens.

2) Yes, you can post both video AND text reviews.

3) I've received several checks from Adsense. Google has BILLIONS in cash. Don't worry about their checks bouncing. big_smile

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image81
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

-Yes, it happens if you have some popular hubs. I have had a few hubs get stolen and reposted, but I have never noticed this result in a drop of traffic.

-Yes, you can absolutely post video reviews.

-As for Google Adsense, don't worry, Google will not bounce a check anytime soon. They have more money than just about any government on the planet.

3. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, Cardia! Since it looks like everyone else has answered your questions, I am going to give you an unrequested piece of advice. Pick a niche from the beginning. Stay focused on that niche. Not only will it be easier to get backlinks since you won't have to waste alot of time promoting hubs on all sorts of different topics. If the traffic problems continue here, it will make it easier to move all  your hubs over to your own website.

1. Cardia profile image90
      Cardiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the advice! I will remember it!
      Are there any websites about backlinking and keyword research? These are phrases that I'm seeing a lot, but I'm not sure exactly what they are. Thank you! smile