jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

My New Obamica

1. NYLady profile image60
    NYLadyposted 8 years ago

I know -- you're thinking, what??
    I shared this story with Ryan (Hup), who suggested I post it here. I wrote a Hub yesterday called "10 Zany Election 2008 Products," which listed some of the crazier things for sale related to the Presidential election. A lipstick-on-a-pig thong, presidential hot sauces, etc. One of the items was called the Obamica, a specially made yarmulke for the discriminating  Barack Obama supporter. The company that sells it also makes a McCain version and a Sarah Palin lipstick version.
    Today, I received an email from Schmuly Tennenbaum, the owner of vanitykippah.com. He makes the yarmulkes, was thrilled to read my Hub, and asked for my address. My own Obamica is in the mail to me. Hurray!
    I owe all my success to Hubpages!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That is so cool smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 8 years ago

Mazel tov, dahlink!
    Use it in good health! You know, the chotkas associated with elections are real collectors items. You'll probably be able to sell your Obamica on e-bay for a pretty penny some day.
    Reminds me of 1964 -- we had a can of "Goldwater" in our house. My curiosity got the best of me and I opened it. To my great disappointment, plain old gingerale:-).

3. Dottie1 profile image83
    Dottie1posted 8 years ago

Hurray to the NYLady smile

4. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Wow! cool or what, when you recieve it remember to add a picture of yourself wearing it on the hub well done......jimmy

5. NYLady profile image60
    NYLadyposted 8 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes on my new Obamica. Jimmy: I will definitely take a photo of me wearing it when it arrives. I'll look ridiculous, but who cares?

Mighty Mom: Thanks for the mazel tov. I love the Goldwater story.

Everyone: This guy contacted me through Facebook, so of course I went on his page. He's 28 years old and just retired. I guess he's doing something right selling yarmulkes. He also has a joke site called rabbisforobama.com. smile