jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Check my hubs for errors

1. apowellwest profile image60
    apowellwestposted 8 years ago
  2. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Ok, because no one else is helping I feel like being nice and offering up some suggestions.

You gave me a few links, I picked one I could find some interest in: The PaintBall one.

It has a nice sence of it, but it's like it says in the title, basic. Maybe you can re-arrange it, get more pictures and differently add another paragraph of text. I don't paintball but I have had some involvement with it.

People will give a better feedback to more pictures and a video, a video is always great for whatever you have.

Some people chose not, but I always leave an auto-comment on my hubs, it shows you want comments and can also give you feedback.

Traditionally, no one starts with a large picture on a page (unless its a page of the object dedicated to it: example (on my hub): http://hubpages.com/hub/2nd-Look-Animals-Komodo-Dragon
    That uses what your trying to accomplish and might give you a better sense of how to form your hub. Half of a hubs success is how it appears, not just what it says.

Lastly, I would suggest to spell check your Hubs by reading it out loud. It might take a few minutes and be tedious but its worth it in the long run, just like you did when you where in high school for essays. The first Example I can spot is right up close:
    Paintball the game is considered and extreme sport.
    The word "And" should be "an"
    Clearly, there may be more in there and in other ones. 

I hope this helps you out and you get more out of your Hubpages.

PS: It's good to make sure there is an interest in what you are writing!

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

What is an auto- comment? How can I put it in my hubs?
    Please guide me?

1. thranax profile image60
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think its the default comment on the page when you start a hub. It means you don't need to have the comment Accepted before it is visible to others. I think it's nicer if a user can see the comment they leave instantly so they know it's there etc etc.

The reason why I said it primarily is on the PaintBall Hub the user didn't have any comment capsule at all.