jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

New hubber. Need help with my Amazon capsule.

1. 0
    travelusposted 5 years ago

I'm setting up my first hub and including the Amazon capsule. I find when I enter an ISBN number as the line shows you are supposed to, it does not include my associate i.d. when it clicks back to Amazon.  Amazon gives us code to use but I can't find a place in the hubpage to put it. What am I doing wrong?

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sign into your Amazon account before you select the specific products, then copy the link address which should have your Amazon id, but you need to remember that 40 % of the time Hubpages id will be displayed. You can recheck after a couple of hours to ensure that your id is shown.

2. 0

Thanks for the reply.  I do understand how to sign in to Amazon and copy the link code given. What I can't find is a place on my hub page to put it. The Amazon Capsule gives a space for an ISBN number not several lines of code. Appreciate if you can clear this up for me.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Click on the Amazon capsule, select the option that says specific products ( not keywords).. and paste the links.. it works.. I can assure you of that smile  The pasted link magically turns into ISBN number on its own.. don't worry .. Best wishes to you and welcome to Hubpages smile

1. 0
        travelusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your help and the welcome wishes! I will try as you suggest. Thx.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is unnecessary to put in any code.  Just use the ISBM number (or the URL of the particular product) and HP takes care of the rest.

Don't forget that when you click a link yourself it could well be assigned to HP and not to you.  This is a random process, but it would be quite possible that clicking a link 10 times could end up having HP's code 10 times.  Unusual, but possible.

The only way you will really know if it is working is to put the capsule in place, just as you are doing, and wait.  Somewhere around 1-5% of the total traffic clicking through seems to be a good figure to shoot for.  That means that if that hub gets 1000 views you might see 10 clicks.  They won't all buy, but you should see some clicks.

3. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

Did you paste your associates ID into your Affiliate Settings page in My Account?

If so, your ID will automatically be displayed 60% of the time on the capsule when the hub is published. (HubPages will get the other 40%.) Neither ID will appear in the box where you paste in the ISBN, and if you try to put yours in, HubPages will automatically strip it out. As wilderness said, all you need is the ISBN or link to the product, and Hubpages will automatically take care of the rest.

4. 0

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm starting to understand it better now.