jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Anyone else Find this Hub in Poor Taste?

1. thejeffriestube profile image83
    thejeffriestubeposted 5 years ago

Not to mention, the keywords are an obvious attempt at profiting off a tragedy. Something does not sit right with me about the verbage, especially celebrating Sept. 11th as a holiday.

Maybe I'm totally off here, and if so, instruct me.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I'm not seeing your problem.

Maybe he did use the keywords a bit, but he has put himself into a hugely competitive term.

Meanwhile, life goes on.

Why not Sept 11th to start a new business?

2. writinginalaska profile image83
      writinginalaskaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ok,   i don't see the connection between what happened on 9/11 and his Hub to start a business.  Nowhere is mentioned in his hub any correlation between the two things.  He strictly talks about how to start a business.   I think he simply used that date to catch attention but i don't find it offensive or in poor taste.  Just because he says it's a holiday doesn't make it so.  Well,  that's my take anyway,.

2. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

He clearly has a long series of hubs where you do a "thing a day" for a year.  The day before is make a TV dinner, the one before it is about playing with teddy bears.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I notice that he has a lot of other hubs mentioning days which are supposed holidays, like September 9 and September 10th. Not really in bad taste.

4. thejeffriestube profile image83

And that's why this community is great, thank you all for your take. Maybe I just read too many 9/11 articles today.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I follow Bendo, and he has a number of hubs about obscure days that are on specific dates.  And he posts videos for each day. Like Sept. 7 was National Salami Day.
      His hubs are interesting. The other day was National Coffee Ice Cream day. yum.

I remember one was about, Take your pants for a walk day. The video was lol.

5. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 5 years ago

Considering that this particular hub is part of a series of "September x is Y day" I do not consider this offensive or springboarding off of a tragic event.

It's not a stand alone hub but one in a series.

6. thejeffriestube profile image83

Yeah, I think I just had overreactivitis today. :-)

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am sorry about what happened to the US on that day ten years ago. BUT, this man has a series of hubs about doing something different every day. September 11, just happen to be one of his days to do something different. It's obvious he is a motivational business person. I can understand how this would affect you but I think he meant no harm.

2. Rehana Stormme profile image93
      Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No problem, we've all had 'overreactivitis' at some point in our lives. But I just wanted to say, what if you were born on Sept 11, would you not celebrate your birthday because a tragedy happened on that day? I am truly sorry for the innocent people that lost their lives on 9/11 but it shouldn't stop us from doing any positive on that day.