jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Where can I put a verification code in my profile?

1. WannaB Writer profile image93
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

I am updating my profile and adding signatures at Qondio. To be able to get a backlink to one of my sites, I have to paste a snippet of code in comment form somewhere on the page. I would like to backlink this way to my profile page here, but I'm not sure if this can be done on HubPages in the profile.  The code only has to be there long enough for it to verify and then it can be removed. I would like to have this backlink in my profile along with my other sites that are easier to verify. I'm also having this same problem on a blog I host. I have no control over the code on the "front page" in Magazine Basic and have to enter the meta tags in form boxes where I can't use code.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You cannot paste codes into hubpages as you are not the site administrator.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Sofs is correct about the code on Hubpages.

For your Magazine Basic site, I'm assuming you're using Wordpress. If so, you can put a text box into a widget and insert code there.

3. WannaB Writer profile image93
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

Question Master,

I would be able to do that on any other page, but not on the front page. I'll look it over again, but I think it is completely formed from the database of posts and images, and It's the only page where you can't add any HTML.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are there any theme options to add  a sidebar on the main page, maybe? Either that or you could Google it and see if there is some code you could insert in one of the source files.

working